
廚藝不佳的爸爸
Frank and his daughter, Emma, are in the kitchen.
法蘭克和他女兒艾瑪在廚房。
Frank: Honey, today is your birthday. Let me make you a birthday dinner and a cake. What do you think?
法蘭克:親愛的,今天是你生日,我來為你做生日晚餐和蛋糕,你覺得如何?
dinner(n.)晚餐,a birthday(Thanksgiving) dinner生日(感恩節)晚餐
Emma: It sounds…great. But Dad, are you sure you can do this? You don’t look like a good cook.
艾瑪:聽起來…還不錯,可是,老爸,你確定你行嗎?你看起來不像個好廚師。
sound(v.)聽起來連綴動詞(look,smell,taste,feel,sound)+形容詞連綴動詞+like+名詞
Frank: Trust me. I got this.
法蘭克:相信我,我可以的。
trust(v.)相信
Emma: All right. Don’t burn down the kitchen. I’ll go do my homework now.
艾瑪:好吧,不要把廚房給燒了,我現在去寫功課。
burn down燒毀
(30 minutes later.)
(30分鐘後)
later(adv.)後來
Emma: Dad, what’s that smell?
艾瑪:老爸,那是什麼味道?
smell(n.)氣味,(v.)聞到、嗅到
Frank: Oh, no! The cake was burned while I was watching a basketball game on my cellphone. But don’t worry, the spaghetti is ready.
法蘭克:糟了,當我用手機看籃球賽時蛋糕燒焦了。但是別擔心,義大利麵好了。
while(conj.)當⋯時候spaghetti(n.)義大利麵ready(adj.)準備好的
Emma: Let me take a bite.
艾瑪:讓我吃一口看看。
take a bite咬一口
Frank: How does it taste? Good?
法蘭克:嚐起來如何?不錯吧?
taste(v.)嘗起來
Emma: How much salt did you add? It tastes like salt water!
艾瑪:你加了多少鹽巴啊?嚐起來像海水一樣!
salt(n.)鹽巴add(v.)添加
Frank: Ugh. I give up. Let’s order some takeout.
法蘭克:唉!我放棄了,我們來叫外賣吧。
give up放棄takeout(n.)外賣的食物