
她在想什麼?
Owen and Tony are friends. They are chatting.
歐文和東尼是好朋友。他們正在聊天。
Owen: Tony, you know your way around women. Can I ask you something?
歐文:東尼,你對女人很有一套,我可以問你一些問題嗎?
know on e′s way around sth.對某事物很熟悉、有一套
Tony: Sure. Fire away.
東尼:當然,快說吧。
fire away放馬過來、給你問
Owen: There’s something up with my girlfriend. She is acting weird.
歐文:我女朋友最近怪怪的,舉止很奇怪。
something′s up with sb. or sth.某人有異狀、某事不對勁weird(adj.)奇怪的
Tony: How weird?
東尼:什麼樣的奇怪法?
Owen: It’s like she is avoiding me. Also, now she doesn’t really eat.
歐文:好像一直躲著我,然後,她最近食量很差。
avoid(v.)避免、閃躲
Tony: Wow, I remembered that she used to be a heavy eater.
東尼:哇,她不是以前吃很多嗎?
used to RV以前是heavy eater大食怪、食量大的人
Owen: Exactly! Is she pregnant?
歐文:沒錯,這樣是懷孕了嗎?
pregnant(adj.)懷孕的
Tony: No, I don’t think so. Did you do something to upset her?
東尼:不是,我不這麼認為。你是不是做什麼事又惹她生氣?
upset(v.)使某人不悅
Owen: Not that I know of.
歐文:應該沒有吧。
know of知道、更明確的指涉、單用know則是指更概略的知道
Tony: You should just ask her in person. Find out what’s on her mind. You guys can be more honest with each other.
東尼:那你就直接問她吧,看看她在煩惱什麼,可以對彼此更坦承些嘛。
in person親自be honest坦承、誠實
Owen: Alright. I’ll do that.
歐文:好,我會的。