
晚餐吃什麼?
Judy is making dinner in the kitchen. Kurt just got home.
茱蒂在廚房做晚餐,寇特剛回到家。
Kurt: Mmm… What smells so good?
寇特:嗯,什麼聞起來那麼香?
smell(n.)氣味(v.)聞;嗅
Judy: I’m making borscht for dinner.
茱蒂:我在做羅宋湯當晚餐。
Kurt: Wow, the smell is making my mouth water.
寇特:哇,這味道讓人聞了口水直流啊。
make one’s mouth water=使某人饞得口水直流
Judy: It’ll be ready in just a second.
茱蒂:湯快煮好了。
ready(adj.)準備好的
Kurt: What’s in it?
寇特:裡面有什麼?
Judy: Some beef, onions, potatoes, carrots and celery.
茱蒂:一些牛肉、洋蔥、馬鈴薯、紅蘿蔔和西洋芹。
Kurt: What are the little red things in the soup?
寇特:湯裡那紅紅小小塊的是什麼東西?
Judy: These are beets. You don’t like them?
茱蒂:那是甜菜根。你不喜歡嗎?
Kurt: I’m fine with beets as long as they don’t taste earthy.
寇特:只要吃起來沒有土味,我倒是可以接受。
fine(adj.)好的as long as=只要…taste(n.)味道;味覺(v.)嚐earthy(adj.)有泥土味的
Judy: I dipped the beets in salted vinegar for a while. They should taste better.
茱蒂:我剛把甜菜根泡在加了鹽的醋裡一陣子了,吃起來應該不會有土味。
dip(v.)蘸;浸good-better-best