
我打給你的時候在做什麼?
Sam and Amy are father and daughter. They are talking.
山姆和艾咪是父女,他們正在談話。
Sam: Honey, I need to talk to you real quick. What were you doing last night when I called you? You didn’t answer my calls.
山姆:寶貝,我需要很快地跟你談一下,昨天晚上我打給你的時候在做什麼?你都沒有接電話。
quick(adj.)快速answer(v.)答覆、接電話
Amy: Nothing. I was doing my homework at home.
艾咪:沒什麼,我在家寫功課。
homework(n.U.)功課
Sam: But I called the house phone, and no one picked it up either.
山姆:但我打家裡電話也沒有人接。
pick up接電話=answereither(adv.)(否定)也
Amy: Well, I took a shower after doing my homework. Maybe that’s why I didn’t hear it.
艾咪:嗯,我寫完功課之後去洗澡,可能就是因為這樣才沒聽到吧。
shower(v.)(n.)沖澡bath(n.)泡澡
Sam: Or, did someone sneak out of the house?
山姆:還是有人偷溜出去了?
sneak out of somewhere偷溜sneak in潛入sneak up on偷偷靠近,趁不注意所發生的事
Amy: Fine. I was shopping at the mall.
艾咪:好啦,我是去商場買東西。
Sam: Why’s that?
山姆:為什麼?
Amy: Remember the leather wallet that you check out every time we go to the mall? I was picking it up. I thought it would be a nice birthday present.
艾咪:記得我們每次去商場你都會去看的皮夾嗎?我昨天去買,想說可以當生日禮物。
leather(adj.)(n.)皮革skin(n.)獸皮fur(n.)毛皮wallet(n.)錢包purse(n.)錢包、手提包handbag(n.)手提包present(n.)禮物gift(n.)禮物、天份
Sam: Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.
山姆:噢,我真抱歉,我完全不知道是這麼一回事。
Amy: It’s alright. I didn’t want you to know because it was supposed to be a surprise.
艾咪:沒關係,我不想讓你知道是因為想給你個驚喜。
suppose(v.)料想、猜想be supposed to應當surprise(n.)(v.)驚喜、驚訝come as a surprisecome as no surprise