
從烤肉串到巴克拉瓦
Emma and Mehmet are sitting in a small cafe in Istanbul after sightseeing.
艾瑪和梅赫梅特在伊斯坦堡觀光後,坐在一家小咖啡館休息。
sightseeing(n.)觀光、遊覽sightseeing tour觀光行程sightseeing spot/attraction觀光景點
Emma: I’m so glad you brought me here. After walking around all day, I really want to try something local.
艾瑪:我很高興你帶我來這裡。逛了一整天,我真的想試一些在地的東西。
local(adj.)當地的local cuisine當地料理local culture/tradition當地文化/傳統
Mehmet: Perfect! Turkish food is everywhere in this city. Did you already taste kebab?
梅赫梅特:太好了!在這座城市到處都能找到土耳其料理。你已經吃過烤肉串了嗎?
taste(v.)品嚐
Emma: Yes, I had it last night. The meat was so juicy.
艾瑪:有啊,我昨晚吃了。肉好多汁。
minced meat絞肉lean meat瘦肉juicy(adj.)多汁的
Mehmet: Good choice. But kebab is only the beginning. You should try pide. It looks like Turkish pizza, usually with cheese or meat.
梅赫梅特:好選擇。不過烤肉串只是開始。你應該試試「披得」。它有點像土耳其披薩,通常加起司或肉。
Emma: Oh, that sounds very tempting. Is it spicy?
艾瑪:喔,那聽起來很誘人。會辣嗎?
tempting(adj.)誘人的、吸引人的
Mehmet: Not really. But if you want more flavor, you can try menemen. It’s eggs cooked with tomatoes and peppers. Many people eat it for breakfast.
梅赫梅特:不會太辣。不過如果你想要更多味道,可以試試蕃茄烘蛋。它是用番茄和青椒煮的炒蛋,很多人早餐都會吃。
rich/strong/mild flavor濃/重/淡的口味
Emma: Mmm, that sounds delicious in the morning.
艾瑪:嗯,聽起來很適合早上吃。
Mehmet: And for dessert, you must try baklava. It’s sweet pastry with nuts and honey.
梅赫梅特:甜點的話,你一定要試「巴克拉瓦」。它是加了堅果和蜂蜜的點心。
pastry(n.)酥皮點心、糕點
Emma: That’s on my list now. Thanks for showing me your food culture, Mehmet.
艾瑪:我現在一定要把它加進清單。謝謝你讓我了解你們的飲食文化,梅赫梅特。
on my list在我的清單上
Mehmet: It’s nothing. I’m happy you want to discover it.
梅赫梅特:沒什麼。我很高興你想去體驗它。
It’s nothing.沒什麼discover(v.)發掘、探索