
梅雨季要來了
Kevin and Alice are walking to the MRT station after work. The sky is getting darker, and the air feels very humid.
凱文和愛麗絲下班後正走往捷運站。天空越來越暗,感覺濕氣很重。
humid(adj.)潮濕的、濕氣重的wet(adj.)(物品、表面)潮濕的
Kevin: Oh no… look at the sky. It’s turning gray again.
凱文:喔不⋯⋯你看天空,又變灰濛濛的了。
overcast(adj.)灰濛濛的
Alice: Yeah, the plum rain season is coming. I really don’t like rainy days. Everything gets wet!
愛麗絲:對啊,梅雨季要來了。我真的不喜歡下雨,到處都濕答答的。
plum rain season梅雨季muggy(adj.)悶熱又濕的
Kevin: Same here. My old umbrella is broken. I think I’ll just throw it away.
凱文:我也是。我那把舊雨傘壞了,我想直接丟掉。
throw sth. away丟掉某物=throw away sth.
Alice: Wait, don’t do that! If you just throw it in the trash, you might get fined NT$6,000.
愛麗絲:等等!不要直接丟垃圾桶,可能會被罰台幣6,000元喔!
trash(n.)垃圾=garbagelitter(n.)(指在公共場所亂丟的)垃圾、紙屑fine(v.)罰款be heavily fined被重罰
Kevin: What?! NT$6,000? That’s crazy! So what should I do?
凱文:什麼?6,000元?也太誇張了吧!那我要怎麼做?
Alice: You need to take it apart. The cloth goes in the general trash first.
愛麗絲:你要先拆開。傘布要丟一般垃圾。
take apart拆卸、拆開general(adj.)一般的
Kevin: And the metal parts?
凱文:那金屬部分呢?
metal(adj.)金屬的(n.)金屬
Alice: Those can be recycled. Just give them to the recycling truck.
愛麗絲:金屬可以回收,交給資源回收車就好。
recycle(v.)回收
Kevin: I see. Then what about my old raincoat? It has a zipper and feels really thick.
凱文:了解。那我的舊雨衣呢?有拉鍊又很厚。
Alice: If it has zippers and buttons, it can’t be recycled. You should put it in general trash.
愛麗絲:有拉鍊和扣子的雨衣不能回收,要丟一般垃圾。
Kevin: Wow… even throwing things away in Taipei is so complicated.
凱文:哇……在台北連丟東西都這麼麻煩。
complicated(adj.)複雜的
Alice: True! But hey, that NT$6,000 could buy a lot of beef noodles. Better be careful!
愛麗絲:對啊!但6,000元可以吃好多碗牛肉麵呢,還是小心一點比較好!
(you had) better be adj.最好要~