
濕衣物遮口鼻
What should you do if your house catches fire?
如果你的房子著火了,你應該怎麼辦?
should應該(表建議)catch fire著火
You and your family should make an escape plan and practice it at least twice a year.
你和你的家人應該制定逃生計畫,一年至少練習兩次。
escape(n.)逃跑、逃脫an escape plan逃生計畫at least至少
Everyone should know two ways out of every room. One way is the door, and the second way might be the window.
每個人都應該要知道從每個房間逃出去的兩種方式,一種方式是從門,第二種可能是從窗戶。
might可能(語氣婉轉)
If you hear the smoke alarms go off in your house, get out as fast as you can.
如果你聽到家裡的煙霧警報器響起,盡快離開。
smoke alarm煙霧警報器go off(鈴聲)響起as+形容詞(副詞、名詞)+as one can盡可能⋯
If there is smoke, stay low because the smoke is usually close to the ceiling.
如果有煙霧,將身體放低,因為煙霧通常靠近天花板。
smoke(n.)煙、煙霧low(adv.)向下地ceiling(n.)天花板
Cover your nose and mouth with a wet cloth or piece of clothing.
用濕衣物遮住你的鼻子和嘴巴。
cover(v.)遮住、覆蓋
Before you open a door, test it by touching the door, not the doorknob.
在你打開門之前,先觸摸門而不是門把來測試。
test(v.)測試doorknob(n.)門把
If it is hot, you should avoid going there. Opening that door may cause the fire to spread faster.
如果門是熱的,你應該避免往那裏去,打開那扇門可能導致火勢蔓延得更快。
avoid+Ving避免做⋯spread(v.)蔓延、傳開
Also, you should never stop to bring any personal belongings or pets.
還有,你絕不應該停下來帶走個人物品或寵物。
stop to+Vr.停下來做⋯personal(adj.)個人的、私人的belongings(n.)所有物、財產
Once you are out, stay out and call 119 for help.
一旦逃出去,留在外面並撥打119尋求幫助。
once(conj.)一旦
You mustn’t go back inside the burning house.
不得回到著火的房子裡。
must必須(表義務、強烈要求)
It is best to always be prepared and safe.
隨時做好準備並確保安全是最好的。
be prepared準備好