
泰式vs.義式
Sam and Linda are a couple. They are walking and they are hungry.
山姆和琳達是情侶。他們正在走路,而且很餓。
hungry(adj.)飢餓的
Sam: Hey Linda… I am very hungry.
山姆:嘿琳達⋯⋯我好餓。
Linda: Me too. I didn’t eat lunch today.
琳達:我也是。我今天沒吃午餐。
skip lunch不吃午餐pack lunch帶便當
Sam: Same. I want Thai food.
山姆:我也是。我想吃泰式料理。
Thai(adj.)泰國的、泰式的
Linda: Again? You always want spicy food.
琳達:又來?你總是想吃辣的。
spicy(adj.)辣的spicy and numbing麻辣的
Sam: But spicy food is so good!
山姆:但辣的食物很好吃耶!
amazing(adj.)非常好吃的flavorful(adj.)充滿風味的、入味的
Linda: Maybe, but not for me. It is too hot.
琳達:或許吧,但我不行。那太辣了。
Sam: Okay, okay. So, what do you want?
山姆:好啦好啦。那你想吃什麼?
Linda: I want something simple. How about pizza?
琳達:我想簡單吃。披薩怎麼樣?
simple(adj.)簡單的How about...? ……怎麼樣?……好嗎?
Sam: Pizza again? Wow, you really like pizza.
山姆:又是披薩?哇,你真的很愛披薩。
Linda: Well, everyone likes pizza. And I want something quick!
琳達:嗯,大家都喜歡披薩啊。而且我想吃點方便快速的東西!
fast food速食convenience food微波食品或預處理好的食品
Sam: I guess that’s true. Pizza is fine.
山姆:我想也是。披薩可以。
Linda: Really? Are you okay with that?
琳達:真的嗎?你可以接受嗎?
Sam: Yes. But tomorrow, we eat Thai food. Okay?
山姆:可以。但明天我們要吃泰式。好嗎?
tomorrow(adv.)明天the day after tomorrow後天
Linda: Okay! You are the best.
琳達:好!你最好了。
the best最好的、最棒的
Sam: All right. Let’s find a pizza place.
山姆:好啦。我們找間披薩店吧。
Linda: Let’s go!
琳達:走吧!