
思考決定你的命運
Cindy and Kent are meeting for dinner.
辛蒂與肯特碰面吃晚餐。
Cindy: I saw a post of a writer which made me think about the importance of self-investment.
辛蒂:我看到一個作家的貼文讓我思考起自我投資的重要性。
post(n.)貼文writer(v.)作家,作者importance(n.)重要性investment(n.)投資
Kent: What is the post about?
肯特:貼文是關於什麼呢?
Cindy: It’s about what she thinks of young people being poor.
辛蒂:關於她對年輕人貧窮的看法。
Kent: It seems interesting. What did she say?
肯特:似乎很有趣耶!她說了什麼?
seem(v.)似乎interesting(adj.)有趣的
Cindy: Other than kids from rich families, everyone starts from basically nothing. What we need to do is make ourselves better.
辛蒂:除了有錢家庭的小孩以外,每個人基本上都是從零開始。我們需要做的就是讓自己更好!
other than除了basically(adv.)基本上nothing(pron.)沒有東西,沒有事情
Kent: That’s true. People care about the money they spend on learning, but not the money used to entertain them.
肯特:真的!人們會計較他們花在學習上的錢,但卻不在乎用來娛樂自己的錢!
learning(n.)學習entertain(v.)娛樂
Cindy: That’s the key point with regard to people being poor. It’s not about how much money we earn, but about how we think.
辛蒂:那就是人會貧窮最重要的一點啊!它並不在於我們賺了多少錢,而是在於我們如何思考。
key(adj.)重要的,關鍵的with regard to關於
Kent: I totally agree. How we think defines who we are.
肯特:我完全同意!我們的思考定義了我們這個人!
totally(adv.)徹底define(v.)定義
Cindy: Moreover, making the most of our time to improve our skills matters.
辛蒂:並且,充分利用時間在增進自己的技能上很重要。
moreover(adv.)再者,此外make the most of充分利用skill(n.)技巧,技能
Kent: Oh, right! We can get more money, but we can’t get more time.
肯特:噢,對耶!我們能賺更多的錢,卻無法賺更多的時間!