
打包雷區!
Tina is going to Japan for summer vacation. She is talking to her cousin Will, who travels a lot.
蒂娜要去日本過暑假。她正在和經常旅行的表弟威爾談話。
go on a trip去旅行
Tina: Hey Will! I’m packing for Japan, but I have a question.
蒂娜:嘿威爾!我正在打包去日本的行李,但我有個問題。
Will: Sure! What’s up?
威爾:當然,什麼事?
Tina: Can I put my power bank in my suitcase?
蒂娜:我可以把行動電源放在托運的行李裡嗎?
power bank行動電源suitcase(n.)行李箱luggage(n.)行李/a piece of luggage一件行李
Will: No, don’t do that! You must carry it with you on the plane.
威爾:不行,別這麼做!你必須把它隨身帶上飛機。
Tina: Oh no! I already packed it.
蒂娜:噢不!我已經放進行李箱了。
Will: Take it out now. Also, check if the battery is under 100 watt-hours.
威爾:趕快拿出來。還有,記得檢查它的電池是不是低於100瓦時。
take sth. out拿出、取出某物take sb. out帶某人出去(吃飯)battery(n.)電池charge/replace a battery給電池充電/更換電池
Tina: Got it! What about my mini fan?
蒂娜:了解了!那我可以帶我的小風扇嗎?
Will: It depends. If the battery can’t be removed, it’s okay to carry it. But don’t remove the battery sticker!
威爾:要看情況。如果電池不能拆,那可以帶上飛機。但千萬不要撕掉電池上的貼紙!
It depends.視情況而定remove(v.)拿掉、移除remove sth. from…把某物從某地移除/remove makeup卸妝
Tina: Haha, okay. And my wireless hair straightener?
蒂娜:哈哈好喔。那我的無線離子夾呢?
straighten(v.)(使)變直
Will: Uh-oh! Japan doesn’t allow it — even in carry-on or checked bags!
威爾:呃喔!日本完全禁止帶那個——不管是隨身還是托運都不行!
allow(v.)允許allow sb. to VR允許某人做carry-on(n.)隨身行李
Tina: What?! I bought it for this trip!
蒂娜:什麼?!我就是為這趟旅行才買的!
Will: You can bring a plug-in one instead.
威爾:你可以帶插電式的替代。
plug-in(adj.)可插入的instead(adv.)取而代之地
Tina: Thanks, Will. You just saved my suitcase — and my hair!
蒂娜:謝啦,威爾。你救了我的行李——還有我的頭髮!