
「面向對方」關注
William and Rita are a couple. They are chatting.
威廉和莉塔是一對夫妻。他們正在聊天。
William: Rita, do you know what makes a relationship successful?
威廉:莉塔,你知道什麼是讓一段關係成功的要素嗎?
Rita: Well, love?
莉塔:嗯,愛嗎?
William: I just read an article about a couple who researched love and marriage. They said “turning toward” is the key.
威廉:我剛剛讀了一篇關於一對研究愛情與婚姻的夫妻的文章。他們說「面向對方」是關鍵。
research(v.)研究marry(v.)嫁娶、結婚marriage(n.)婚姻key(n.)關鍵
Rita: What is “turning toward?”
莉塔:什麼是「面向對方」?
William: For example, if you call me and I drop what I am doing and respond actively right away, that is “turning toward.”
威廉:例如,如果你叫我,然後我放下正在做的事馬上積極回應你,這就叫「面向對方」。
drop(v.)停止、(使)丟下respond(v.)回應、回答active(adj.)活躍的actively(adv.)積極地
Rita: Oh, you usually do that. That’s good. It gives me the feeling that you care about me.
莉塔:噢,你通常都那麼做。那很棒。給我一種你在乎我的感覺。
care about sb.在乎某人
William: Right. If I don’t notice you or even ignore you, that’s “turning away.”
威廉:對啊。如果我沒注意到或甚至忽略你,那就叫「背向對方」。
notice(v.)注意到ignore(v.)忽視、忽略overlook(v.)忽視、忽略
Rita: I used to do that, right? Actually, I was just too busy to notice that you asked me for a favor or wanted to share something with me.
莉塔:我以前有那麼做,對嗎?其實我只是太忙了沒注意到你要我幫忙,或想和我分享事情。
used to VR過去~、過去經常~be used to V-ing習慣於某事be used to VR被用來做某事ask for a favor請求幫忙
William: Yes. But you handled it well. You told me the reason you were busy and reached out to me after you finished what you did.
威廉:對的。但你處理得很好。你會告訴我原因是你在忙,並在做完你的事之後來幫我。
handle(v.)處理、負責deal with處理reach out to sb.向某人伸出援手、給予支持
Rita: That’s right.
莉塔:沒錯。