
忘了妹妹的生日
Wes and Alice are colleagues. Wes is talking to Alice.
韋斯和愛麗絲是同事。韋斯正在與愛麗絲說話。
Wes: What is the date today?
韋斯:今天幾號?
today今天
Alice: May 5. Why?
愛麗絲:五月五日。為什麼?
Wes: Oh, shoot. I totally forgot about my sister’s birthday.
韋斯:哦,完蛋。我完全忘記了我妹妹的生日。
forget about sth.忘記birthday(n.)生日
Alice: What is the date of her birthday?
愛麗絲:那是什麼時候?
the date of sth.什麼的日期
Wes: May 5. It’s today.
韋斯:五月五日。就是今天。
Alice: Did you buy her a present?
愛麗絲:你買好要送給她禮物了嗎?
present=gift禮物
Wes: No, and that’s the problem. I promised her a chocolate cake and a special gift. I thought I still had plenty of time to prepare for it.
韋斯:還沒,問題大了。我答應要買給她一個巧克力蛋糕和特別的禮物。我以為我還有很多時間做準備。
promise(v.)承諾、答應cake(n.)蛋糕special(adj.)特別的still(adv.)依然plenty of許多prepare(v.)準備
Alice: What are you going to do?
愛麗絲:你打算怎麼辦?
be going to do sth.未來式
Wes: I’ll take a half-day off and go buy those things. I’m meeting her for dinner.
韋斯:請半天假去弄那些東西吧。我晚上要跟她吃飯。
half(adj.)一半、take a day off請一天假dinner(n.)晚餐
Alice: Well, good luck!
愛麗絲:好吧,祝你好運!
Good luck祝好運