
養生抗癌
Ed and Greta are chatting on their lunch break at work.
艾德和葛麗塔正在工作午休時間聊天。
Ed: What is that soup you’re eating? It smells really good!
艾德:你在喝什麼湯啊?聞起來好香喔!
Greta: Oh, thanks! I made it myself. It’s called Harvard soup.
葛麗塔:哦,謝謝!這是我自己做的,叫哈佛湯。
myself(pron.)我自己by oneself親自做某事反身代名詞複數:themselves,ourselves,yourselves
Ed: Wow! You made that?
艾德:哇!你自己做的嗎?
Greta: Yep! It’s really simple to make. There are only four ingredients: cabbage, carrot, pumpkin and onion.
葛麗塔:對啊!做起來超簡單的,只需要四種食材:高麗菜、紅蘿蔔、南瓜和洋蔥。
simple(adj.)簡單的ingredient(n.)食材
Ed: Interesting. I bet it tastes as good as it smells! I love vegetable soup.
艾德:有意思!我猜它喝起來一定跟聞起來一樣棒!我喜歡喝蔬菜湯。
as adj./adv. as和~一樣~
Greta: I do too! And this soup is very healthy. The recipe was made by a doctor at Harvard University to help people who had cancer. But the ingredients can help anyone fight off diseases.
葛麗塔:我也喜歡!而且這道湯非常健康。這個食譜是哈佛大學的一位醫生設計的,原本是為了幫助癌症患者。不過,這些材料其實也能幫助大家增強抵抗力。
healthy(adj.)健康的health(n.)健康be in good (poor) health身體好(不好)recipe(n.)食譜fight off擊退、抵禦disease(n.)疾病catch a disease感染疾病suffer from a disease罹患疾病
Ed: So it’s a super soup then? I’d love to try making it.
艾德:所以這是「超級湯」囉?我超想試試看自己做!
Greta: Yes, it’s super! I’ll email you the recipe later. I’ll also bring some for you to try tomorrow.
葛麗塔:是啊,就是「超級湯」!等一下我把食譜用電子郵件寄給你。明天我再帶一些讓你嚐嚐。
email sb. sth.(透過電子郵件)寄~給某人=email sth. to sb.bring(v.)帶來bring sth. to somewhere把某物帶到某地bring sth. here (there)把某物帶到這裡(那裡)
Ed: That will be great! Thanks so much. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s lunch break!
艾德:太好了!非常感謝你。我等不及明天的午餐時間了!
can’t wait for sth.對~感到迫不及待、非常期待~can’t wait to VR等不及去做~