
天方夜譚的夢想
Fiona just finished her meeting with her guidance counselor. She is having lunch with Leo.
菲歐娜剛結束跟輔導員的面談。她在和里歐吃午飯。
meeting會議、面談guidance counselor輔導員
Fiona: I’m a bit worried right now.
菲歐娜:我現在有點擔心。
worried(adj.)擔憂的
Leo: Why? Because of your meeting?
里歐:為什麼?因為跟輔導員的談話嗎?
because of因為+N.
Fiona: Yeah. I need to think about what I’m going to do with my life.
菲歐娜:對,我真的要好好想一下人生要做什麼。
what to do with life對人生的打算
Leo: So what do you want to become in the future? Come on! Shoot for the moon for me!
里歐:所以你的志願是什麼啊?快,來為我說個遠大的志向!
future(n.)未來、past(n.)過去shoot for the moon胸懷大志
Fiona: I have no idea. You?
菲歐娜:我毫無頭緒。你呢?
Leo: I want to be an astronaut.
里歐:我想當太空人。
astronaut(n.)太空人
Fiona: Wow, you really are shooting for the moon.
菲歐娜:哇,你真的是胸懷壯志。
Leo: I know I’m asking for the moon, but I think it’s important to dream big! We’re still young!
里歐:我知道有點天方夜譚,但是夢想不嫌大啊!我們還年輕。
ask for the moon妄想、不切實際important(adj.)重要的dream big把夢做大young(adj.)年輕
Fiona: You’re right! And even if we miss…
菲歐娜:沒錯。而且就算沒有成功……
Leo: We’ll land among the stars.
里歐:我們也不會因為結果後悔!
Even if we miss, we′ll land among the stars.就算失敗了,也會躋身繁星之中