
不喜歡小孩子的褓母
Vivian and Sam were once coworkers in the same company. They lost contact after Vivian left the company. One day they meet on the street.
薇薇安與山姆曾在同一家公司共事,自從薇薇安離職後,他們就沒連絡了。有天他們兩人在街上偶遇。
coworker(n.)同事company(n.)公司lose(v.)失去contact(n.)聯絡leave(v.)離開meet(v.)遇見street(n.)街道
Sam:Where do you work now?
山姆:妳現在在哪工作啊?
work(v.)工作
Vivian:I am a babysitter.
薇薇安:我在當褓母啊。
babysitter(n.)保姆
Sam:Wow. I am so surprised. I thought you didn’t like kids.
山姆:哇。真令人意外,我以為妳不喜歡小孩。
surprised(adj.)驚訝的think(v.)以為kid(n.)小孩子
Vivian:I don’t like kids because they are evil and only want to be spoiled by adults.
薇薇安:我是不喜歡小孩子,因為小孩很邪惡,只想要被大人寵愛。
kid(n.)小孩子evil(adj.)邪惡的spoil(v.)寵溺adult(n.)成人
Sam:Then why are you doing this job?
山姆:那妳怎麼會從事這一行?
job(n.)工作
Vivian:I am responsible for taking care of infants! Besides crying, they don’t get into any other trouble.
薇薇安:我負責照顧的是嬰兒!他們除了哭,不會惹其他的麻煩。
responsible(adj.)負責的take care of照顧infant(n.)嬰兒trouble(n.)麻煩
Sam:That’s because they do not understand anything.
山姆:因為他們什麼都還不懂。
understand(v.)瞭解anything(pron.)任何事
Vivian:However, sometimes the babies cry for a long time and it is really hard to bear.
薇薇安:但有時候小寶寶一哭就哭很久,還真讓人受不了呢。
hard to難以⋯⋯bear(v.)忍受
Sam:Seems like you need a lot of patience to be a babysitter.
山姆:看來當褓母也是需要很多的耐心。
patience(n.)耐心babysitter(n.)保姆