
為愛而跑
Wes and Tina are colleagues. They are chatting.
韋斯和蒂娜是同事。他們在聊天。
Tina: What’s your plan for the weekend?
蒂娜:你周末打算做什麼?
Wes: I’m going to run a marathon.
韋斯:我要去跑馬拉松。
run(v.)跑步-ranmarathon(n.)馬拉松
Tina: Wow. Are you really Wes? You used to turn your nose up at that.
蒂娜:哇。你真的是韋斯嗎?你以前對跑馬拉松嗤之以鼻。
used to do sth.以前的習慣turn one′s nose up at sth.對…嗤之以鼻
Wes: You’re right. I hated running.
韋斯:說得對。我以前超級討厭跑步。
hate(v.)討厭
Tina: More than that. You said all the runners are crazy. What changed your mind?
蒂娜:不只如此,你說跑者都瘋了才會去跑。是什麼改變想法了啊?
runner(n.)跑者crazy(adj.)瘋狂的
Wes: Well, I met this girl online...
韋斯:嗯嗯,我在網上遇到了這個女孩……
meet-met(v.)遇見
Tina: Oh. No wonder.
蒂娜:哦。難怪。
no wonder難怪
Wes: Let me finish. She enjoys running a lot.
韋斯:讓我說完。她很喜歡跑步。
enjoy(v.)享受
Tina: So, you started running as well.
蒂娜:所以,你也開始跑步。
Wes: Yes. We are going to run this marathon together this weekend.
韋斯:沒錯。我們這周末就是要一起跑馬拉松啊。