
舒適的社區
Jack just moved into a new apartment. He is greeting his neighbor Mrs. Cohen when he sees her in the hallway.
傑克剛搬進一間新公寓。他在走廊看到他的鄰居科恩夫人,他在向她打招呼。
move(v.)搬家greet(v.)問候、向~打招呼
Jack: Hi, my name is Jack. Nice to meet you.
傑克:嗨,我叫傑克。很高興認識你。
Mrs. Cohen: Hello, I’m Mrs. Cohen. It’s nice to meet you too, Jack.
科恩夫人:你好,我是科恩夫人。我也很高興認識你,傑克。
Jack: I just moved in, and I wanted to introduce myself.
傑克:我剛搬進來,我想自我介紹一下。
move in搬入move out搬出去、搬離introduce(v.)介紹introduce A to B把A介紹給B
Mrs. Cohen: Welcome to the building! What brings you here?
科恩夫人:歡迎你搬到這棟大樓!你為什麼會選擇搬來這裡?
Jack: I found a job nearby, so I decided to move here.
傑克:我在附近找到了工作,所以決定搬來這裡。
find(v.)(find-found-found)找出、找到nearby(adj.)(adv.)在附近decide(v.)決定decide to RV決定做某事
Mrs. Cohen: That’s great! It’s a lovely neighborhood.
科恩夫人:很棒欸!這是一個很舒適的社區。
Jack: Yes, it seems nice so far. Can you tell me any interesting places to visit in this area?
傑克:是啊,到目前為止看起來都很不錯。你能告訴我這一區有什麼有趣的地方可以參觀的嗎?
interesting(adj.)有趣的visit(v.)參觀、拜訪
Mrs. Cohen: There’s a nice park a few blocks away. There are also some great restaurants and shops on Maple Street.
科恩夫人:幾個街區外有一座很棒的公園。楓樹街上也有一些很棒的餐廳和商店。
block(n.)街區street(n.)街道
Jack: Thanks! I will make sure to visit those places.
傑克:謝謝!我一定會去瞧瞧那些地方。
make sure to RV確保做某事
Mrs. Cohen: Feel free to ask me anything else if you need help getting settled in.
科恩夫人:如果需要協助安頓下來,有任何問題都儘管問我。
feel free to RV儘管做某事settle in適應(新環境)、安頓下來
Jack: Thank you so much, Mrs. Cohen. Have a great day!
傑克:非常感謝你,科恩夫人。祝你有美好的一天!
Mrs. Cohen: You too, Jack.
科恩夫人:你也是,傑克。