
到時候戲院見
Tracy and Ian are friends. They are talking on the phone.
崔西和伊恩是朋友,他們在講電話。
Ian: So? What are we going to do this long weekend?
伊恩:所以呢?我們這個連假要做什麼?
long weekend連假vacation(n.)假期、渡假plan(n.)計劃、行程
Tracy: Maybe we won’t hang out this week. I have to run some errands.
崔西:我們這週可能沒辦法出去了,我可能有很多差事要處理。
maybe(adv.)有可能=probablymay be, could be, might beWe may not be hanging out this week.run an errand跑腿、辦事I’ve got some errands to run.
Ian: Come on. We can still have dinner or watch a movie. You’ll still have plenty of time for yourself.
伊恩:來嘛,我們還是可以吃頓晚餐或看個電影,你還是會有很多時間。
come on拜託plenty(adj.)大量的=a lot of
Tracy: I’m not kidding. There’s a lot I have to do. I have an appointment with the doctor, and I’m going furniture shopping and whatnot.
崔西:我沒開玩笑,真的事情很多。我有預約看診,然後還要採買傢俱什麼的。
There are a lot of things that I have to do.appointment(n.)預約、(看診)furniture(n.U)傢俱a piece ofand whatnot之類的=and so on
Ian: That’s exactly why you need to lighten up a bit. Let’s watch a movie.
伊恩:這就是為什麼你更需要放鬆一下,來看場電影吧。
exactly(adv.)剛好、正好(強調)lighten up放輕鬆
Tracy: You’re right. I’ll do that.
崔西:你說的沒錯,就這麼做吧。
Ian: That’s my girl!
伊恩:好極了。
That’s my boy.做得好、好極了
Tracy: So what are we going to watch? And when does the movie start?
崔西:所以我們要看哪部片?還有幾點開始?
未來式以現表未When will the movie start?
Ian: Don’t worry about it. I’ll book the tickets. I’ll let you know.
伊恩:別擔心這些,我會訂好票,再跟你說。
worry(v.)擔心be worried aboutbook(v.)預定order(v.)點餐ticket(n.)門票、車票one way ticket單程票monthly pass月票
Tracy: Alright. I’ll meet you at the cinema then.
崔西:好喔,到時候戲院見。
movie theater電影院go to the movies去看電影