
職業玩家顯身手
Fiona and Frank are chatting.
費歐娜與法蘭克正在聊天。
chat(v.)閒談、聊天
Fiona: Hey, Frank. Do you use CHT MOD (Multimedia on Demand of Chunghwa Telecom) to watch the World Cup?
費歐娜:嘿,法蘭克,你使用中華電信MOD(多媒體內容傳輸平台)收看世足賽嗎?
multimedia(adj.)應用多媒體的demand(n.)需要、需求on demand在有需求時telecom=telecommunications(n.)電信、電信公司
Frank: Yes, because most TV shows are available in high definition.
法蘭克:是啊,因為大部分的電視節目都是高畫質的。
most(det.)大多數的、大部分的show(n.)節目、演出available(adj.)可獲得的、可用的high(adj.)高的definition(n.)清晰度、保真度
Fiona: What do you usually watch on the MOD?
費歐娜:你通常在MOD上看些什麼呢?
usually(adv.)通常地、經常地
Frank: Most times I watch eSports on it. The CHT has been promoting the eSports industry and developing new gamers in Taiwan.
法蘭克:大部分時候我會看電競比賽。中華電信一直在提倡電競產業與培育新星選手。
time(n.)時候、時間promote(v.)推廣、促進industry(n.)產業develop(v.)發展、使成長gamer(n.)電動遊戲玩家
Fiona: What are eSports?
費歐娜:電競是什麼?
Frank: eSports are a form of competition using video games. They take the form of organized, multiplayer video game competitions, especially between professional players.
法蘭克:電競是使用電動遊戲來比賽的一種形式。他們採用有系統的、多玩家的電動遊戲競賽的形式,尤其是職業玩家。
form(n.)形式、類型、種類competition(n.)競賽、比賽take(v.)採取、採用organized(adj.)有條理的、組織好的multi-多個、許多especially(adv.)尤其、特別professional(adj.)職業的、專業的
Fiona: Sounds cool! I wonder what they’re like.
費歐娜:聽起來很酷耶!我很好奇那是什麼樣子的。
sound(v.)聽起來wonder(v.)疑惑、想知道like(prep.)像
Frank: There’ll be a game this afternoon. Why not watch it together?
法蘭克:今天下午會有一場比賽,我們何不一起看呢?
Fiona: I’d love to! Yippee!
費歐娜:我很樂意哦!好耶!
I’d=I wouldyippee(excl.)哇、好啊