
不想離開家?
Suzie and Scott are talking about Suzie’s son.
蘇西和史考特正在聊蘇西的兒子。
talk(v.)說話talk about談論son(n.)兒子
Scott: School is almost finished. Tom must be excited to go to college.
史考特:上學時間快結束了,湯姆一定很興奮要上大學。
school(n.)上課時間、上學時間almost(adv.)幾乎、差不多finished(adj.)結束的must(aux.)一定excited(adj.)興奮的
Suzie. Actually, I’m worried about that. He might not go.
蘇西:事實上,我滿擔心這個的;他可能不會去。
actually(adv.)實際上worried(adj.)擔心的might(aux.)可能、也許
Scott: What? You must be joking. Why not?
史考特:什麼?妳在開玩笑吧?為什麼不去?
joke(v.)開玩笑、說笑話
Suzie: I don’t know. It might be because he hasn’t been studying very hard.
蘇西:我不知道耶,可能是因為他一直都沒有努力讀書。
know(v.)知道because(conj.)因為study(v.)讀書very(adv.)非常、很hard(adv.)努力地
Scott: Tom is very clever. He must get good grades.
史考特:湯姆很聰明,他一定會有好成績的。
clever(adj.)聰明的get(v.)得到grade(n.)成績等級、分數
Suzie: Maybe you’re right.
蘇西:可能你說對了。
maybe(adv.)可能right(adj.)對的
Scott: It might be that he doesn’t want to leave home. It’s a big change for some people.
史考特:也許他不想離開家裡,這對某些人來說是一個大改變。
leave(v.)離開home(n.)家change(n.)改變some(det.)一些people(n.)人們
Suzie: It might be.
蘇西:有可能。
Scott: You should talk to him anyway. Maybe he’s scared or maybe he just doesn’t want to go. You’ll only know if you ask him.
史考特:無論如何妳應該跟他聊聊。或許他會害怕,或也許他只是不想要去。如果妳問了才會知道。
should(aux.)應該anyway(adv.)無論如何scared(adj.)害怕的、恐懼的just(adv.)只是、僅僅only(adv.)只、才if(conj.)如果ask(v.)問、詢問
Suzie: Hmm… I’ll ask him. Thanks, Scott.
蘇西:嗯…我會去問他的,謝啦,史考特。
thanks(excl.)謝謝