
與朋友在公園巧遇
Lily and Tom are friends. They just bumped into each other at the park.
莉莉和湯姆是朋友。他們剛剛在公園巧遇。
bump into sb.巧遇某人
Lily: Hi, Tom! What a beautiful day!
莉莉:嗨,湯姆!今天天氣真好!
Tom: Hi, Lily! What a nice surprise to see you here!
湯姆:嗨,莉莉!真沒想到能在這裡見到你!
surprise(n.)(v.)驚喜surprised(adj.)感到驚喜的
Lily: Nice to see you too. What an interesting book you have!
莉莉:我也很高興能見到你。你這本書看起來很有趣!
interesting(adj.)有趣的interest(v.)使~感興趣
Tom: Yeah, it’s my favorite. It’s a fun story.
湯姆:對,這是我最喜歡的書。故事很有趣。
Lily: Sounds great! And what a lovely cover it has!
莉莉:聽起來不錯!封面也很好看!
lovely(adj.)漂亮的、美麗的cover(n.)封面
Tom: Yes, it’s a great cover.
湯姆:是啊,封面很棒。
Lily: It must be an exciting book.
莉莉:這本書一定很精彩。
exciting(adj.)精彩的、刺激的excited(adj.)感到興奮的be excited about sth.對~感到興奮
Tom: You’re welcome to read it when I’m done!
湯姆:我看完可以借你看!
sb. be welcome to VR.可以隨意~done(adj.)完成的、做完的
Lily: Thanks. I’d like that. And this park is such a nice place for reading.
莉莉:謝謝,我想看。這個公園真是個看書的好地方。
would like想要
Tom: I agree. I’m glad we met here. What a perfect way to spend the afternoon!
湯姆:我也這麼覺得。很高興能在這裡相遇。能這樣度過下午真是太完美了!
spend(v.)花(時間、金錢)、度過spend time V-ing花時間做~spend money on sth.花錢在~上