
夜市美食
Alice is picking up her client, Benson, at the airport. He’s here for a business trip in Taipei.
艾莉絲正在機場接她的客戶班森。他是來台北出差的。
pick sb. up接送某人=pick up sb.pick sth. up. 撿起~=pick up sth.pick up the phone接電話=answer the phonepick up提高、增進business(n.)商業、商務go on a business trip出差business travel出差business traveler商務出差人士
Alice: Hi, Benson! I’m Alice. Welcome to Taipei!
艾莉絲:嗨,班森!我是艾莉絲,歡迎來到台北!
Benson: Hey, Alice! Nice to meet you.
班森:嘿,艾莉絲!很高興見到你。
I am pleased to see you.很高興見到你=Glad to meet you.pleased(adj.)高興的、愉悅的
Alice: Nice to meet you too. Is there anywhere you’d like to check out today?
艾莉絲:我也很高興見到你。你今天有沒有想去的地方?
check out看一看、探路、櫃檯結帳
Benson: I don’t know much about Taipei. Can you tell me what is interesting here?
班森:我不太熟悉台北。你可以告訴我這裡有什麼有趣的地方嗎?
be familiar with對~熟悉
Alice: Sure thing! Taipei is famous for its night markets. There is a lot of street food, like stinky tofu and bubble tea.
艾莉絲:當然!台北有名的就是夜市,有很多街頭美食,像是臭豆腐和珍珠奶茶。
be famous for以~聞名=be well-known fora lot of很多~stinky(adj.)發臭的、臭的stink(v.)發臭
Benson: Night markets? Sounds fun! Anything else cool about Taipei?
班森:夜市?聽起來很好玩!台北還有其他什麼很酷的地方嗎?
sound(v.)聽起來
Alice: Well, we also have one of the world’s tallest buildings, Taipei 101.
艾莉絲:嗯,我們還擁有世界最高的建築之一,台北101。
building(n.)建築物build(v.)建立、建造
Benson: That sounds great! I’d love to see that someday.
班森:聽起來太棒了!我想找一天去看看。
someday(adv.)(未來)某一天、有朝一日some days某些日子
Alice: How about we go to Taipei 101 now and then grab dinner at Linjiang Night Market nearby?
艾莉絲:那我們現在去台北101,然後在附近的臨江夜市吃晚餐怎麼樣?
How about…?如何~?grab(v.)抓grab a drink喝一杯
Benson: Sounds good!
班森:聽起來不錯!
Alice: Let’s take a taxi!
艾莉絲:我們搭計程車吧!