
皮膚科醫師的忠告
Ivy and Ian are visiting their grandparents in Europe tomorrow. They are packing.
艾薇與伊恩明天將要去歐洲拜訪他們的祖父母,他們正在整理行李。
grandparent(n.)(外)祖父母Europe(n.)歐洲pack(v.)打包、收拾
Ivy: We should bring more sunscreen with us.
艾薇:我們應該多帶一點防曬油。
should(aux.)應該bring(v.)帶,攜帶
Ian: Why is that? We’re not going to the beach.
伊恩:為什麼呢?我們不會去海邊啊!
Ivy: Yes, but I’m going to sit in a window seat on the plane. I’ll need to apply sunscreen in case I get sunburnt.
艾薇:是啊,但飛機上我會坐在窗戶邊呀!我需要塗上防曬油以免曬傷。
seat(n.)座位、座椅apply(v.)塗、敷in case以防萬一get(v.)變得,變成sunburnt(adj.)曬傷的、曬黑的
Ian: You don’t have to. You can just pull down the blinds.
伊恩:妳可以不用耶!妳只要拉下窗簾就好啦。
pull(v.)拉blind(n.)窗簾、百葉窗
Ivy: That’s good to know. How do you know that?
艾薇:很高興知道,你怎麼知道呢?
Ian: I saw it on TV. Skin experts say that when you fly, the best thing to do is choose an aisle seat or to shut the blinds if you’re seated by a window.
伊恩:我在電視上看到的。皮膚專家說,飛行時,最好就是選擇走道座位,或假如妳坐在窗邊,就關上窗簾。
skin(n.)皮膚expert(n.)專家aisle(n.)走道shut(v.)關閉if(conj.)如果、假如seat(v.)給…安排座位by(prep.)在…旁邊
Ivy: I see, but what if I want to enjoy the view outside?
艾薇:我瞭解了,但我想要看外面的景色怎麼辦呢?
see(v.)了解,明白what if如果…怎麼辦view(n.)景象、景色、視野
Ian: In that case, you should put on sunscreen that can be against UVA efficiently, because a window cannot stop UVA from damaging your skin.
伊恩:那樣的話,妳應該塗抹能有效對抗UVA的防曬油,因為窗戶無法阻擋UVA對皮膚的傷害。
in that case那樣的話put on穿戴、塗抹against(prep.)防…、抗…UVA=Ultraviolet Aultraviolet(adj.)紫外線的efficiently(adv.)有效地、效率高地stop sth. from避免damage(v.)損害、傷害
Ivy: I get it. Let’s switch seats then.
艾薇:我知道了,那我們換位置吧!
get(v.)懂、理解switch(v.)調換