
差異的親密
Jessica and Ian are friends. They are talking about their siblings.
潔西卡和伊恩是朋友。他們在討論他們的手足們。
sibling(n.)手足
Ian: Are you close to your sister?
伊恩:妳和妳妹妹關係親近嗎?
close(adj.)親近的
Jessica: I am. But my sister and I have nothing in common.
潔西卡:親近啊。但我和我妹之間一個共同點都沒有。
sister(n.)姊姊;妹妹
Ian: What do you mean?
伊恩:什麼意思?
mean(v.)意涵
Jessica: We don’t share the same hobbies.
潔西卡:我們的興趣完全不一樣。
share(v.)分享;共享
Ian: Come on. There must be something that you both enjoy doing.
伊恩:拜託,肯定有妳們兩個都喜歡做的事情吧。
enjoy(v.)享受
Jessica: No, there is none. I like to try different outdoor activities, but my sister hates to go out.
潔西卡:真的沒有。我喜歡嘗試不同的戶外活動,但我妹討厭出門。
outdoor(adj.)室外的;戶外的
Ian: Does she like to stay at home?
伊恩:她喜歡待在家嗎?
stay at home=待在家
Jessica: Yeah, she can read at home for hours. I can never do that.
潔西卡:對啊,她可以在家看好幾個小時的書。我可做不到。
hour(n.)小時
Ian: Wow, you two really are like night and day. Then how do you stay close to your sister?
伊恩:哇,妳們倆真的天差地別。那麼妳怎麼樣跟妳妹妹保持親近?
you two=你們兩個
Jessica: We still talk on the phone and have meals together.
潔西卡:我們還是會講電話或是一起吃飯。
meal(n.)一餐together(adv.)一起