
談論政策很無聊
Leo is watching a YouTube video. Fiona is talking to him.
里歐正在看一個影片。菲歐娜再跟他說話。
watch(v.)觀看
Fiona: Hey, what are you watching?
菲歐娜:嘿,你在看什麼?
Leo: Oh, it’s a video about this guy running for mayor. He’s really funny.
里歐:噢,我在看這個市長候選人的影片。他好有趣。
run for競選、run for office、mayor市長funny(adj.)有趣的
Fiona: I don’t like him.
菲歐娜:我不喜歡他。
Leo: Why not? Look how he walks…he’s so silly!
里歐:為什麼?妳看他怎麼走路的,好好笑。
silly(adj.)愚蠢的、silly goose蠢蛋(詼諧)
Fiona: He’s not an honest man.
菲歐娜:他不是個誠實的人。
honest(adj.)誠實的、dishonest(adj.)不正直
Leo: Yeah, but people like him.
里歐:對,但民眾很愛他。
Fiona: I know, but we should focus on something more important, like policy.
菲歐娜:我知道,但我們應該專注在更重要的事情上面,比方說政策。
focus on專注於important(adj.)重要的policy(n.)政策
Leo: Talking about policy is so boring.
里歐:談論政策很無聊。
boring(adj.)令人無聊的
Fiona: But we should know that we are choosing a mayor, not a clown.
菲歐娜:但我們應該要知道我們在選一個市長,而不是小丑。
choose(v.)選擇
Leo: I guess you’re right. We don’t need a clown to run this town.
里歐:我想妳說的對。我們不需要一個小丑來當市長。
run(v.)經營、跑步、競選