
避免感染病毒
Lily and James are discussing the news.
莉莉和詹姆士正在討論一則新聞。
discuss(v.)討論、談論
Lily: Look, it says on the news that there’s a higher risk of getting COVID when one uses the toilet and eats on the plane.
莉莉:看,新聞上說,在飛機上上廁所和吃東西,感染新冠肺炎的風險會更高。
risk(n.)風險、危險risky(adj.)危險的、有風險的
James: What? We just got off a plane yesterday. Are we going to be OK?
詹姆士:什麼?我們昨天剛下飛機。我們會沒事嗎?
get off離去、離開、出發、下去、下班
Lily: Chill out. We washed our hands after using the toilet and had our masks on all the time. You made sure to do that, right?
莉莉:冷靜點。我們上完廁所都有洗手,而且一直都有戴著口罩。你確實有做到,對嗎?
chill out放鬆、冷靜chilly(adj.)寒冷的、涼颼颼的、冷淡的、不友好的chili(n.)辣椒
James: Of course! I kept sanitizing my hands as well. I can’t stand having dirty hands.
詹姆士:當然了!我也一直消毒我的手。我無法忍受雙手是髒的。
sanitize(v.)消毒、使清潔sanitizer(n.)消毒殺菌劑can’t stand sth.無法容忍、忍受某事
Lily: I’m afraid sanitizing your hands isn’t enough.
莉莉:恐怕只做手部消毒是不夠的。
I’m afraid...我恐怕……afraid of sth.害怕某事
James: How so? I know the risk of infection on airplanes is higher than in other places, but why?
詹姆士:怎麼說?我知道飛機上的感染風險比其他地方高,但為什麼呢?
infection(n.)感染infected(adj.)受感染的
Lily: It’s mainly because of the enclosed space and close physical contact with people.
莉莉:這主要是因為空間狹小,以及與人密切的身體接觸。
main(adj.)主要的、最重要的mainly(adv.)通常地、主要地enclosed(adj.)圍住的、封閉的enclose(v.)把…圍起來、圍住、包住physical(adj.)身體的、肉體的
James: Ah yes! Let alone long hours of flight time and shared toilets.
詹姆士:啊,是的!更不用說長時間的飛行和共用廁所了。
flight(n.)飛行、航程、航班
Lily: I still don’t think we need to worry too much as we already did everything we could to avoid catching the virus.
莉莉:我還是覺得我們不需要太擔心,因為我們已經做了一切可以避免感染病毒的事情。
virus(n.)病毒viral(adj.)病毒性的、網路上病毒式的傳播
James: Good. We can rest easy now.
詹姆士:很好。我們現在可以放心了。
RIP=rest in peace讓死者安息