
瞎繞的生日驚喜
My brother and I had a plan to surprise our cousin for her birthday yesterday.
昨天,我和我哥哥計劃給表妹一個生日驚喜。
We wanted to buy her either a cake or flowers.
我們原本打算給她買蛋糕或花。
either...or...(phr.)不是A就是Bneither...nor...既不是A也不是B
However, after talking about it, we decided to buy both of them for her.
不過,經過討論,我們決定兩個都買給她。
however(conj.)然而、不過=but, nonetheless, neverthelessboth在此為代名詞,表示兩個、兩者、雙方
So in the morning, we went to a bakery and a flower shop to buy her a cake and some lilies, which are her favorite kind of flowers.
於是,早上我們去了麵包店和花店,給她買了蛋糕和一些她最喜歡的百合花。
bakery(n.)麵包店,bake(v.)烘焙,baker(n.)烘焙師傅lily(n.)百合,rose(n.)玫瑰,orchid(n.)蘭花,tulip(n.)鬱金香,daisy(n.)雛菊
After shopping, we tried to drive to her house.
買完東西後,我們試著開車去她的家。
In fact, we drove around and around for almost 30 minutes until we realized that neither of us could remember her address.
事實上,我們繞來繞去開了將近30分鐘,直到我們發現我們都記不得她的住址。
in fact(phr.)事實上=as a matter of fact, in reality, actuallyrealize(v.)了解到、意識到、實現realization(n.)領悟,come to the realization(phr.)理解、覺悟到某事
Even though we both remembered the name of her street, both of us forgot her house number.
儘管我們都還記得她住的街名,但我們兩個都忘了她的門牌號碼。
I thought it was either 719 or 721, but my brother thought that it was 791 or 712.
我記得不是719就是721,但我哥哥認為是791或712。
We could not believe that we both forgot her address!
我們真的無法相信,我們竟然都忘了她的住址!
Finally, I had to call my cousin to ask her for her address.
最後,我只好打電話給我表妹問她的住址。
finally(adv.)最後=eventually, in the end
Although this made her find out about our plan, she was still very happy when we delivered both the cake and the flowers to her.
雖然這讓她發現了我們的計畫,但當我們把蛋糕和花送到她手上時,她還是非常高興。
deliver(v.)遞送、交付、實現、接生,delivery(n.)運送、投遞
We were glad that everything worked out, even though neither of us could remember her address.
儘管我們都不記得她的住址,但我們很高興最後一切都很順利。
work out(phr.)進行順利