
降雨非在集水區
It has been raining for days. Susan and Jim are chatting.
好幾天都在下雨。蘇珊和吉姆在聊天。
has been Ving現在完成進行式、動作從過去一直持續到現在
Susan: It has been pouring down out there this week.
蘇珊:這週都在下大雨。
pour down傾盆大雨
Jim: Yeah. I heard that many rivers have overflowed, and there have been floods everywhere.
吉姆:對啊。我聽說許多河流都氾濫成災,到處都是洪水。
overflow(v.)氾濫、人潮擠爆flood(n.)洪水
Susan: I hope this means we will have enough water to use until the end of this year.
蘇珊:希望這意味著到年底都有足夠的水用。
until直到the end of this year今年年底
Jim: Don’t get your hopes up.
吉姆:別抱太大的期望了。
get your hopes up懷抱希望
Susan: Why?
蘇珊:為什麼?
Jim: The news said that it only rained in the plain area, but not in the reservoirs.
吉姆:新聞說,降雨都在平原地區,而不是水庫區。
plain(n.)平原、(adj.)簡單樸素的reservoir(n.)水庫
Susan: That doesn’t sound good.
蘇珊:聽起來不是很好。
Jim: Exactly, and since there were no other typhoons in August, we might face a water shortage soon.
吉姆:沒錯,因為八月份也沒有其他颱風,我們可能很快就會面臨缺水的情況。
face(v.)面臨
Susan: That’ll be a nightmare. Oh! Please rain in the right place.
蘇珊:那會是一場噩夢。哦,拜託雨要下在正確的地方啊。
nightmare(n.)夢魘
Jim: You don’t say.
吉姆:還用說。
You don′t say這還用說嗎、不是吧