
約會浪漫夜
Richard came home late. His roommate, Dave, is watching TV.
理查今天很晚回家。他的室友戴夫正在看電視。
Richard: I’m home.
理查:我回來了。
Dave: Richard! This late! Where did you go?
戴夫:理查!這麼晚了!你去哪了?
Richard: I went to watch fireflies light up with my girlfriend.
理查:我和我的女朋友一起去看螢火蟲。
light up發光
Dave: Now is the time?
戴夫:現在就是螢火蟲季嗎?
time(n.)時機、時節
Richard: Yes, around April, every year.
理查:對啊,每年四月左右。
around約略
Dave: Was it romantic?
戴夫:浪漫嗎?
romantic(adj.)浪漫的
Richard: Very much so. My girlfriend loved it.
理查:超級。我女友很愛。
very much so非常
Dave: Nice. I always wondered where people can watch fireflies. Maybe deep in the mountains?
戴夫:真好。到底哪裡可以看到螢火蟲啊,深山嗎?
wonder(v.)想知道deep(adj.)深、deep in the mountains深山裡
Richard: Not exactly. Usually somewhere by the water, such as rice fields, rivers, or ponds is good. You should come with us the next time.
理查:不一定。水邊通常都有,比方說稻田、河流、池塘。你下次應該和我們一起去。
by在…旁邊rice field稻田river(n.)河流pond(n.)池塘
Dave: Sure thing.
戴夫:當然好。