
地方選舉就要到來
The local election is coming. Dylan and Levi are talking about it.
地方選舉就要到來。迪倫和李維正在聊天。
local election地方選舉
Dylan: What do you think of the people who are running for the office this time? Who are you going to vote for?
迪倫:你對這次的參選人有什麼看法?要投給誰?
run for office競選vote(v.)投票
Levi: I’ll decide when I watch the debate tonight.
李維:我今晚看辯論時就會決定好。
decide(v.)決定、decision(n.)when當、從屬連接詞、表示時間
Dylan: Is it tonight?
迪倫:辯論是今天晚上嗎?
Levi: Yes. Do you want to watch it together?
李維:是的。想一起看嗎?
Dylan: Sure. What do you expect from the debate?
迪倫:當然。對辯論有什麼期望?
expect(v.)預期、期望、expectation(n.)
Levi: Well, the bar is pretty low. As long as they focus on policies instead of attacking each other, I’ll be pleased.
李維:嗯,門檻很低。只要他們認真談政策而不是互相抹黑,我就很滿意了。
bar(n.)標準、門檻low(adj.)低的as long as只要、從屬連接詞、表示條件、連接從屬子句、再接主要子句policy(n.)政策instead of而不是+N.attack(v.)攻擊pleased(adj.)心滿意足的
Dylan: I want the same thing, but that’s not going to happen. I do hope they can talk about green energy, though.
迪倫:我也是,但那不太可能會發生。我希望他們能談一些有關綠色能源的議題。
green energy綠能
Levi: Me too. Green energy affects not only our economy but also our environment.
李維:我也是。發展綠色能源不僅僅影響我們的經濟,也會影響我們的環境。
affect(v.)影響not only…but also…不僅…還、相關連接詞、一定要一起出現economy(n.)經濟environment(n.)環境
Dylan: Sadly, the way I see it, neither the ruling party nor the other party will take this seriously.
迪倫:但我覺得,無論是執政黨還是反對黨都不會認真看待這個議題。
the way I see it就我的看法而言neither…nor…既不…也不…、相關連接詞ruling party執政黨、party(n.)政黨
Levi: We’ll find out tonight.
李維:我們今晚就會知道了。