
皮膚的房客
Ryan and Rita are chatting.
萊恩與瑞塔正在聊天。
Rita: It’s getting warmer now, so there will be more and more ticks.
瑞塔:現在天氣變得更溫暖了,所以也會有愈來愈多的蜱蟲。
get(v.)變得,變成
Ryan: Do you know there are several ways to prevent ticks from attaching to our skin?
萊恩:妳知道有一些方法能避免蜱蟲附著在我們的皮膚上嗎?
several(det.)一些,幾個way(n.)方法prevent(v.)阻止,預防attach(v.)附著
Rita: Hmm… I just know some basic ones such as staying away from tall grass or bushes and wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants.
瑞塔:嗯……我只知道一些基本的方法,像是遠離高的草或樹叢,並且穿著長袖長褲。
basic(adj.)基本的away(adv.)(距離)…遠grass(n.)草bush(n.)灌木sleeve(n.)袖子
Ryan: That’s right! We should wear light colored clothing so ticks can be easily spotted.
萊恩:沒錯!我們應該穿著淺色的衣物,就能很輕易地發現是否有蜱蟲。
right(adj.)正確的light(adj.)(顏色)淡的,淺的clothing(n.)衣服,服裝easily(adv.)容易地,輕易地spot(v.)看見,注意到
Rita: Cool! And what else should we do?
瑞塔:酷耶!還有什麼其它應該做的嗎?
else(adv.)其它,另外,別的
Ryan: We also should tuck our pants into our socks and spray tick repellent on our clothes and skin.
萊恩:我們也應該要把褲管塞進襪子裡,並在衣服和皮膚上噴灑蜱蟲驅蟲劑。
tuck(v.)把(衣物末端)塞進spray(v.)噴灑repellent(n.)驅蟲劑skin(n.)皮膚
Rita: So it’s better not to leave our skin exposed, am I right?
瑞塔:所以不要使皮膚暴露在外面比較好,對嗎?
leave(v.)使保留,使保持(某種狀態)exposed(adj.)無遮蔽的
Ryan: Yes! In addition, remember to check our clothes and skin for ticks all the time, especially under collars and behind ears.
萊恩:是的!此外,記得要隨時檢查我們的衣服和皮膚有沒有蜱蟲,尤其是衣領下或耳後。
check(v.)檢查all the time不停,一直especially(adv.)特別,尤其collar(n.)衣領,領口
Rita: Wow! Those tips seem to be helpful. I’ll keep them in mind.
瑞塔:哇!這些訣竅似乎很有幫助。我會記在心上的。
tip(n.)指點,指導seem(v.)似乎helpful(adj.)有幫助的,有用的keep(v.)保持mind(n.)頭腦,大腦keep sth in mind記住