
午後雷陣雨
Molly and Mark are roommates. Mark is going out.
莫莉和馬克是室友。馬克要出門。
Mark: Molly, have you seen my grill?
馬克:莫莉,你有看到我的烤架嗎?
grill(n.)烤架、(v.)燒烤、roast(v.)烤箱烤
Molly: Where are you going with all this barbecue stuff?
莫莉:你帶著這些烤肉用具是要去哪裡?
stuff東西
Mark: My friends invited me to go barbecuing by a river to cool off the summer heat.
馬克:我的朋友邀請我去河邊烤肉來消消暑。
cool off冷卻heat(n.)暑氣、熱氣
Molly: It has been burning hot lately.
莫莉:最近真的熱到發瘋。
burning hot=very hot炎熱
Mark: Yeah. That’s why we go somewhere near the river. The water is very clear.
馬克:所以才選擇去河邊啊。那裡的水很清澈。
clear(adj.)清澈的
Molly: Watch out for the afternoon thundershower. The sudden heavy rain may cause the water level to rise quickly.
莫莉:要注意午後雷陣雨,突如其來的大雨可能會導致河流水位迅速上升。
sudden(adj.)突然的、suddenly(adv.)heavy rain豪雨cause(v.)造成water level水位rise(v.)上升quickly(adv.)迅速地
Mark: That sounds dangerous.
馬克:聽起來很危險。
dangerous(adj.)危險的
Molly: Just don’t take your chances. If it starts raining, just leave the banks right away.
莫莉:不要冒險就對了。如果開始下大雨,就立刻離開河邊。
take a chance冒險bank or riverbank河岸right away=immediately馬上
Mark: Alright. Thank you.
馬克:好的。謝謝你。
Molly: Have a great time and say hi to your friends for me.
莫莉:祝你玩得愉快,幫我跟你朋友問好。