
購物前請三思
Can you imagine that on average, people in Taiwan throw away 438 pieces of clothing per minute?
你能想像臺灣人平均每分鐘丟掉438件衣服嗎?
imagine(v.)想像average(n.)平均,on average=usually通常、平均throw away丟掉、丟棄per(prep.)每一
Much of the clothing is still wearable.
很多衣服是還可以穿的。
much(pron.)許多clothing(n.)衣物,不可數名詞wearable(adj.)可以穿戴的
It is a complete waste and causes pollution in local land, water, and air.
這實在是很浪費,而且會污染當地的土地、水和空氣。
complete(adj.)完全的、十足的waste(n.)浪費cause(v.)造成、導致pollution(n.)汙染local(adj.)當地的
What can you do to help?
你可以幫什麼忙?
help(v.)幫忙
Never throw away clothes in the trash. Recycle them.
絕不要將衣服丟進垃圾桶, 回收它們。
trash(n.)垃圾,不可數名詞recycle(v.)回收
If your clothes are still in good condition, donate them to your friends, local charities, or organizations.
如果你的衣服仍然完好無損,請把它們捐給你的朋友、當地慈善機構或組織。
condition(n.)狀態donate(v.)捐贈charity(n.)慈善機構organization(n.)組織
Other people might put them to good use.
其他人可能會好好地利用它們。
put sth. to good use善用
Even if there are dirty marks on some of your clothing and you don’t want to wear it anymore, recycling centers will be glad to accept it.
你的一些衣服上即使有髒汙,你不想再穿了,回收中心會很樂意地接收。
even if即使mark(n.)痕跡、汙點accept(v.)接受
Most important of all is to think twice before you go shopping next time.
最重要的是,下次去購物之前要三思。
twice(adv.)兩次
Maybe you don’t need another dress or pair of jeans in your closet.
也許你的衣櫥裡不需要另一件洋裝或牛仔褲。
another(adj.)另一個closet(n.)衣櫥