
想結婚?先問問神明
Lily and Ryan are in Taiwan for the first time. They are going to visit Xingtian Temple today.
莉莉與萊恩第一次來台灣,他們今天要去行天宮。
visit(v.)造訪
Ryan: Are you religious?
萊恩:你有宗教信仰嗎?
religious(adj.)宗教的、虔誠的
Lily: Not really. But I like to explore different cultures.
莉莉:沒有,但我喜歡探索不同文化。
not really不會、沒有explore(v.)探索different(adj.)不同的culture(n.)文化
Ryan: Look, what are they doing?
萊恩:你看,他們在做什麼?
Lily: Oh, I’ve seen that on the Internet. They are tossing moon blocks.
莉莉:喔,我在網路上看過。他們在擲筊。
toss moon blocks擲筊
Ryan: What for? Are they asking God for good luck?
萊恩:為什麼要那樣做?向神明祈求好運嗎?
what for為了什麼ask(v.)要求luck(n.)好運
Lily: More like they are asking God for advice. If you get a divine answer, it means the God agrees.
莉莉:應該是說,那是一種尋求神明建議的方式,如果你擲出聖筊,代表神明同意了。
ask(v.)要求advice(n.)建議get(v.)得到divine(adj.)神的answer(n.)答案mean(v.)意思、代表agree(v.)同意
Ryan: Interesting.
萊恩:有意思。
interesting(adj.)有趣的
Lily: I heard that an entertainer said that she would marry her boyfriend, if only he were to get 11 divine answers.
莉莉:我聽說有位藝人說,只要她男朋友擲出11個聖筊,她就願意跟他結婚。
hear(v.)聽說entertainer(n.)藝人marry(v.)結婚get(v.)得到divine(adj.)神的answer(n.)答案
Ryan: That sounds impossible.
萊恩:聽起來不可能吧。
sound(v.)聽起來impossible(adj.)不可能的
Lily: But he succeeded and they got married.
莉莉:但他成功了,而且他們已經結婚了。
succeed(v.)成功marry(v.)結婚