
原來7千步就夠了?
Leo and Bella are classmates. They are chatting during lunch after reading a news article about walking.
里歐和貝拉是同班同學。他們午餐時聊天,剛好都讀到一篇關於走路的新聞報導。
Leo: Hey Bella, did you finish the homework for the class?
里歐:嘿,貝拉,你完成課堂作業了嗎?
Bella: Yeah! That article about walking was really interesting.
貝拉:完成了!那篇關於走路的文章真的很有趣。
interest(v.)使感興趣
Leo: Right? I always thought we needed 10,000 steps a day.
里歐:對吧?我一直以為每天要走一萬步才夠。
step(n.)步數、階梯
Bella: Same here! But the study says just 7,000 steps can help you live longer.
貝拉:我也這麼以為!但研究說只要七千步就可以延長壽命。
carry out a study進行研究
Leo: And it lowers the risk of dementia and heart problems. That surprised me.
里歐:而且還能降低失智症和心臟問題的風險。這讓我很驚訝。
risk(n.)風險take a risk冒險risky(adj.)有風險的、冒險的cardio-(prefix)心臟的
Bella: I liked how they say “as long as you move, it’s good.” Even if it’s not 10,000 steps.
貝拉:我喜歡他們說「只要有活動就好」,就算沒達到一萬步也沒關係。
as long as只要move(v.)移動、活動even if即使~
Leo: Yeah. I walk to school, so maybe I already walk enough each day.
里歐:對啊。我每天走路上學,也許我已經走得夠多了。
enough(adv.)足夠地
Bella: Let’s use our phones to count steps this week. It could be fun!
貝拉:我們這週用手機計步看看吧,可能會很有趣!
Leo: Good idea! Maybe we can even do a walking challenge.
里歐:好主意!也許我們可以辦個走路小挑戰!
challenge(n.)挑戰rise to the challenge迎接挑戰
Bella: Deal! Let’s see who walks more by Friday.
貝拉:說定了!看誰到星期五走得比較多!
by+時間點:不遲於某個時間點、最晚在~之前