
四人份的巨型披薩?
Emma and Jack go to a new Italian restaurant on Saturday night. It is very popular, so they have to wait for a table.
艾瑪和傑克在週六晚上去一家新的義大利餐廳。餐廳很受歡迎,所以他們需要候位。
Italian(adj.)義大利的(n.)義大利人popular(adj.)受歡迎的be popular with…受~歡迎
Emma: Wow, look at all these people.
艾瑪:哇,你看這麼多人。
look at看、注視see(v.)(無意間)看
Jack: Yeah, it’s really busy tonight.
傑克:是啊,今晚真的很熱鬧。
busy(adj.)忙碌的、熱鬧的be busy with…忙於某事/be busy V-ing忙於做某事
Emma: The sign says “wait for 20 minutes.”
艾瑪:牌子上寫著「要等二十分鐘」。
minute(n.)分鐘second(n.)秒數an hour一小時
Jack: That’s not too bad. We can wait.
傑克:還好啦,我們可以等。
Emma: I’m so hungry.
艾瑪:我好餓喔。
hungry(adj.)飢餓的be hungry for…渴望~
Jack: Me too. Let’s look at the menu while we are waiting.
傑克:我也是。我們等的時候先看看菜單吧。
while(conj.)當~的時候
Emma: Good idea. Oh wow, they have a giant pizza for four people.
艾瑪:好主意。哇,他們有四人份的巨型披薩。
giant(adj.)巨大的huge(adj.)巨大的
Jack: Should we order it?
傑克:我們要不要點那個?
order(v.)點餐、命令
Emma: If we do, we might need help to finish it… maybe we can ask the couple behind us.
艾瑪:如果點的話,我們可能需要幫手才能吃完⋯⋯也許可以問後面的那對情侶。
couple(n.)情侶、一對a couple of+複數名詞:一些behind(prep.)在~後面
Jack: Oh — look, the waiter is calling us. Our table is ready!
傑克:喔——你看,服務生在叫我們了,有位子了!
waitress(n.)女服務生be ready for…準備好/be ready to VR準備好去做~