
等等!別吃那個!
Emma and her boyfriend, Henry, are talking at a coffee shop. Emma is sharing a story about her babysitting job yesterday.
艾瑪和她的男友亨利正在咖啡廳聊天。艾瑪正在分享她昨天當保母的經歷。
share(v.)分享、擁有共同點share sth. with sb.和某人分享某事、某物nanny(n.)專業保姆babysit(v.)當保母
Henry: Hey Emma, how was your babysitting job yesterday? Was the boy good?
亨利:嘿,艾瑪,你昨天的保母工作怎麼樣?那個男孩乖嗎?
well-behaved(adj.)行為良好的
Emma: Oh, Toby is a sweet five-year-old boy, but he is very active. He wants to put many things in his mouth.
艾瑪:托比是一個可愛的五歲男孩,但他很活潑。他想把很多東西放進嘴巴。
active(adj.)活潑的、活躍的be active in...活躍於~、在~方面很積極keep active保持活動
Henry: Really? Like what?
亨利:真的嗎?例如什麼?
for example舉例來說
Emma: Yesterday, he took a crayon. I said, “Toby, don’t eat that!”
艾瑪:昨天他拿了一支蠟筆。我說:「托比,不要吃那個!」
crayon(n.)蠟筆Don’t VR不要~
Henry: Haha! Why did he want to eat it?
亨利:哈哈!他為什麼想吃?
why(adv.)為何
Emma: Because it looks like candy. I told him it is for drawing.
艾瑪:因為看起來像糖果。我告訴他那是用來畫畫的。
look like看起來像⋯⋯tell sb. sth.告訴某人某事
Henry: Wow, kids are funny. Did you go outside?
亨利:哇,小孩真有趣。你們有去外面嗎?
outside(adv.)在外面(prep.)在~的外面Let’s think outside the box.跳脫框架思考
Emma: No, we stayed inside because it was raining. He wanted to play with the dog in the garden, but I said no.
艾瑪:沒有,因為下雨的關係我們待在室內。他想和花園的狗玩,但我說不行。
inside(adv.)在裡面、室內garden(n.)花園vegetable garden菜園/flower garden花園
Henry: Good. Did he feel hungry?
亨利:好。那他會肚子餓嗎?
hungry(adj.)飢餓的be hungry for…渴望~go hungry挨餓
Emma: Yes. He asked for chocolate. But his mom says no chocolate before dinner. So I gave him an apple.
艾瑪:有。他想吃巧克力,但他媽媽說晚餐前不能吃。所以我給他一顆蘋果。
ask for sth.請求提供某物give sb. sth.給某人某物=give sth. to sb.
Henry: You are a good babysitter, Emma.
亨利:艾瑪,你是很好的保母。
babysitter(n.)保姆(受僱代外出父母照料小孩的人)
Emma: Thanks! You are welcome to help next time.
艾瑪:謝謝!下次歡迎你來幫忙。
be welcome to VR歡迎隨時做某事