
探望臺東祖父母
Harry and Julie are colleagues. They ran into each other at a bus stop.
哈利和茱莉是同事,他們碰巧在巴士站遇到對方。
run into sb.碰見、巧遇某人
Harry: Hi Julie. Where are you going?
哈利:嗨,茱莉,你要去哪裡?
Julie: I am going to Taipei Main Station. I’ll take a train to visit my grandparents in Taitung.
茱莉:我要去台北火車站搭火車探望台東的祖父母。
station(n.)車站take a train坐火車
Harry: How often do you visit your grandparents?
哈利:你多常去探望祖父母?
how often多常⋯
Julie: Well, maybe once or twice a year.
茱莉:可能一年一兩次吧。
once(adv.)一次twice(adv.)兩次
Harry: That’s not very often.
哈利:那沒有很常呢。
Julie: No. Taitung is very far from Taipei. Plus, I am usually busy working, so I seldom go to Taitung.
茱莉:對啊,台東離台北很遠,而且我通常工作很忙,所以我不常去台東。
far(adj.)遙遠的busy+Ving忙著⋯
Harry: That’s true. By the way, I am going hiking on Yangmingshan.
哈利:也是啦。對了,我正要去陽明山爬山。
go hiking去健行
Julie: Cool! How often do you go hiking?
茱莉:真酷耶!你多常去爬山?
Harry: I always go hiking on weekends. I also work out three times a week, rain or shine.
哈利:我總是在週末爬山。我一週也會健身三次,不論晴雨。
on weekends每週末work out健身rain or shine無論晴雨
Julie: What a sportsman you are! I don’t work out very much.
茱莉:你真愛運動呢!我不太去做運動。
sportsman(n.)運動愛好者、運動員