
千燈籠照桂花巷
Jess and Lin are classmates. They are talking about their plans for the Dragon Boat Festival holiday.
潔西跟林是同學,他們在討論端午節假期的計畫。
classmate(n.)同學talk about討論plan(n.)計畫holiday(n.)假日
Lin: I’m looking forward to the long weekend. It’s Dragon Boat Festival.
林:我好期待週連假,端午節要到了。
look forward to期待
Jess: Me too. Do you have any plans?
潔西:我也是,你有什麼計畫嗎?
plan(n.)計畫
Lin: Sure. My family and I are going to Lukang.
林:有啊,我跟家人要去鹿港。
family(n.)家人
Jess: Sounds cool. I’ve never been there.
潔西:聽起來很酷,我沒去過鹿港。
Lin: You should go sometime. They decorate Guihua Lane with 1200 lanterns.
林:你該去看看,桂花巷裝飾了1200個燈籠。
decorate(v.)裝飾lantern(n.)燈籠
Jess: It must be beautiful at night.
潔西:晚上一定很美。
beautiful(adj.)美麗的
Lin: There are also dragon boat races at night. We will spend the whole long weekend in Lukang.
林:晚上還有龍舟賽,我們整個端午連假都會待在鹿港。
race(n.)比賽spend(v.)花時間whole(adj.)整個的
Jess: I’ll stay at home, enjoying the rice dumplings made by my dad.
潔西:我會在家裡吃我爸爸包的粽子。
stay(v.)待著enjoy(v.)享受
Lin: That sounds nice, too.
林:那樣也很棒。