
入住新居的賀禮
Brian and Meg are good friends. They are going to visit their friend Dave’s new house.
布萊恩和梅格是好朋友。他們要去拜訪他們的朋友戴夫的新房子。
be going to將要
Brian: It’s so cool that Dave bought a new house! It looks really nice in his Instagram photos.
布萊恩:戴夫買了一間新房子真是太酷了!在他的IG照片上看起來很漂亮。
look(v.)看起來sound(v.)聽起來taste(v.)嚐起來
Meg: Yeah! I agree. I’m so excited to go there today!
梅格:是的!我同意。我很期待今天要去那裡!
agree(v.)持相同意見、贊成、贊同disagree(v.)不同意so Adj. to V太~以致於=so Adj. that~
Brian: Me too. I’m going to give him a bottle of wine as a housewarming gift.
布萊恩:我也是。我打算送他一瓶葡萄酒作為入住新居的禮物。
as(prep.)作為work as從事~housewarming(n.)喬遷派對gift(n.)禮物=present
Meg: Oh! He will like that. I don’t know what to get for him.
梅格:喔!他會喜歡的。我不知道要送什麼給他。
Brian: Well, he said he wanted to start growing plants. You could get him one.
布萊恩:嗯,他說他想要開始種植植物。你可以送他一株。
grow(v.)栽培、種植、增長
Meg: Good idea! I’ll get him a lily. Can we stop at the flower shop on the way to Dave’s?
梅格:好主意!我會買一株百合給他。我們可以在去戴夫家的路上在花店停一下嗎?
on the way在路上on the way home回家路上
Brian: Sure thing! Let’s leave now. I think the flower shop is closing soon.
布萊恩:當然可以!我們現在就出發吧。我覺得花店快要關門了。
close(v.)關門、關閉soon(adv.)不久、很快
Meg: Ok! You can help me find the best lily there.
梅格:好的!你可以幫我找到最好的百合。
best(adj.)最好的