
藏在大腦裡的浪漫
Jason and Penny are having a chat.
傑森和佩妮正在聊天。
have a chat聊個天
Jason: I’ve written some poems recently.
傑森:我最近寫了些詩。
write-wrote-written(v.)寫poem(n.)詩、poet(n.)詩人、poetic(adj.)有詩意的
Penny: Would you like to read your poems to me?
佩妮:你要不要念給我聽?
Jason: My pleasure. “She hopped on a Maserati, without looking back. Very much like love.”
傑森:我的榮幸。「她跳上瑪莎拉蒂,頭也不回,像極了愛情。」
my pleasure樂意至極、我的榮幸hop on跳上look back回首
Penny: Mmm... interesting. Give me another one.
佩妮:嗯嗯,有趣。再來一首。
interesting(adj.)有趣的another one另一首
Jason: “It was sunny in the morning, but rainy in the afternoon. Very much like love.”
傑森:「早上艷陽高照,下午傾盆大雨,像極了愛情。」
Penny: Wow, that’s poetic! What you said kind of makes sense.
佩妮:好有詩意,愛情好像就像是你說的一樣。
what you said你所說的kind of好像make sense合理
Jason: Come on. It’s just a trick. Your brain makes you think that.
傑森:拜託,這只是一個噱頭,是你的大腦在作祟。
trick(n.)伎倆、詭計brain(n.)大腦
Penny: What do you mean?
佩妮:什麼意思?
Jason: What I did was just put two random sentences together and add “very much like love.” Your brain will try to link these sentences to your experience with love no matter what.
傑森:我只是把兩個句子隨機放在一起,然後加上「像極了愛情」,你的大腦會自動把這些話跟你過往的愛情經驗連結在一起。
random(adj.)隨機的sentence(n.)句子put together組在一起link sth. to sth.把某物與某物連結experience(n.)經驗no matter what無論如何
Penny: So, my brain makes the poems logical itself.
佩妮:所以是我的大腦自己讓這個詩的邏輯成立的。
logical(adj.)邏輯的
Jason: Exactly! You’ll feel like it “kind of makes sense,” because you build and follow the logic by yourself.
傑森:沒錯,所以你才會產生一種好像很有道理的錯覺,因為這背後的邏輯都是你自己架構出來的啊。
build(v.)建造follow(v.)跟隨logic(n.)邏輯