
正式公布!
Paul is talking to his mother-in-law, Claire.
保羅正在跟岳母克萊兒聊天。
in-law姻親father-in-law岳父、公公brother-in-law姐夫、妹夫sister-in-law嫂子、弟媳
Paul: Claire, have you seen the Venice Film Festival nominee list?
保羅:克萊兒,你有看到威尼斯影展的入圍名單嗎?
has/have V-p.p.現在完成式
Claire: Yes, I just read it. A Taiwanese movie called “Girl” is in the main competition.
克萊兒:有啊,我剛讀到。一部叫《女孩》的台灣電影入圍主競賽。
competition(n.)比賽、競賽fierce competition激烈的競賽
Paul: That’s great news! I also heard Son Ye-jin and Lee Byung-hun are nominated for Best Actress and Best Actor.
保羅:太好了!我還聽說孫藝真和李炳憲分別入圍影后和影帝。
nominate(v.)提名
Claire: Yes, and Roy Chiu will compete with Tony Leung and Dwayne Johnson for Best Actor too.
克萊兒:沒錯,邱澤也會跟梁朝偉和巨石強森爭影帝。
compete with sb. for sth.與~競爭、角逐~
Paul: I’m excited to watch these movies. When does the festival start?
保羅:我很期待看這些電影。影展什麼時候開始?
Claire: It starts on August 27 and ends on September 6, 2025. It will be a long festival!
克萊兒:2025年8月27日開始,9月6日結束。影展會持續很久!
Paul: I hope some movies will come to Taiwan soon. I want to watch them in the cinema.
保羅:我希望這些電影很快會來台灣。我想在電影院看。
cinema(n.)電影院=theaterbox office票房blockbuster(n.)賣座電影/flop(n.)票房不佳
Claire: Me too! The festival is very important for Asian movies. It helps them get more attention.
克萊兒:我也是!這個影展對亞洲電影很重要,能讓它們得到更多關注。
get attention引起注意、獲得關注
Paul: Thank you for telling me about the nominees. I will follow the news closely.
保羅:謝謝你告訴我這些入圍名單,我會密切關注新聞。
closely(adv.)密切地、仔細地
Claire: You’re welcome! Let’s watch some of these movies together if we can.
克萊兒:不客氣!如果有機會,我們一起看這些電影吧。