
均衡飲食
Maggie and Tom are classmates. They are having lunch at the school cafeteria.
瑪姬和湯姆是同學。他們正在學校的自助餐廳吃午餐。
cafeteria(n.)(學校的)自助餐廳
Maggie: Hey, Tom! What’s for lunch today?
瑪姬:嘿,湯姆,今天午餐吃什麼?
Tom: Rice, chicken, and some veggies.
湯姆:米飯、雞肉,還有一些蔬菜。
a bowl of rice一碗飯a grain of rice一粒米
Maggie: Ugh, I don’t really like veggies. Can I just have the chicken?
瑪姬:啊,我不太喜歡蔬菜。可以只吃雞肉嗎?
a piece of meat一塊肉a slice of meat一片肉
Tom: Come on, Maggie, veggies are good for you!
湯姆:拜託,瑪姬,蔬菜對身體很好喔!
Maggie: Hmm, I’m not sure... they still look kind of funny.
瑪姬:嗯,我不確定⋯⋯它們看起來還是有點奇怪。
kind of一點點=a littlefunny(adj.)奇怪的、古怪的
Tom: It’s okay, just try one bite. You might like it more than you think.
湯姆:沒關係,試試看一口。你可能會比想像中更喜歡。
bite(n.)咬take a bite of…咬一口~have a bite吃點東西might(aux.)可能
Maggie: Alright, I’ll try... actually, it’s not that bad!
瑪姬:好吧,我試試看⋯⋯其實也沒那麼難吃!
Tom: See? Veggies aren’t so bad after all!
湯姆:看吧?蔬菜其實也不錯!
Maggie: You’re right! I’ll try more veggies next time!
瑪姬:你說得對!下次我會多吃一些蔬菜!
Tom: That’s the way! Eating all kinds of food is good for you.
湯姆:就是這樣!多吃不同種類的食物對你有好處。
all kinds of各式各樣的
Maggie: Thanks, Tom! I’ll keep that in mind!
瑪姬:謝謝你,湯姆!我會記住的!
keep...in mind將某事放在心上