
民眾搶買食物
Kevin is talking to his friend Sandy.
凱文正和朋友珊蒂對話。
Sandy: Hey Kevin, did you hear? The typhoon is coming.
珊蒂:嘿,凱文,你聽說了嗎?颱風要來了。
natural disaster自然災害flood(n.)洪水landslide(n.)山崩mudslide(n.)土石流
Kevin: Yes, I heard. And the vegetable prices are crazy now!
凱文:有啊,我聽說了。而且現在菜價貴得離譜!
Sandy: I know! My mom went to the market this morning. Green onions were 360 NT dollars per kilo!
珊蒂:我知道!我媽今天早上去市場,青蔥一公斤要360塊!
per(prep.)每一kilo(n.)公斤=kilogramper liter每公升/per hour每小時
Kevin: That’s so expensive! What about sweet potato leaves?
凱文:也太貴了吧!那地瓜葉呢?
high price高價/low price低價
Sandy: Over 100 NT dollars per kilo. My mom only bought enough for one meal.
珊蒂:一公斤超過100塊。我媽只買了一餐的量。
enough(det.)足夠的
Kevin: No wonder many people go to the supermarket now.
凱文:難怪現在很多人跑去超市。
no wonder難怪、怪不得
Sandy: Yes. When I went yesterday, the vegetables were almost gone. Even bread was sold out!
珊蒂:對啊。我昨天去的時候,蔬菜幾乎都沒了,連麵包也被搶光!
gone(adj.)不見了、沒了even(adv.)甚至、連……也sell out賣光、售完
Kevin: Really? Which bread?
凱文:真的嗎?是哪種麵包?
Sandy: The butter sticks and the green onion bread. People said they sold 600 butter sticks in one day.
珊蒂:烤奶油棒還有蔥花麵包。有人說一天就賣了600條烤奶油棒。
stick(n.)長條狀的麵包baguette(n.)法國長棍麵包
Kevin: Wow! What else are people buying?
凱文:哇!大家還買什麼?
else(adv.)其他的
Sandy: Roasted pork, chicken legs, and even mushrooms.
珊蒂:烤豬肉、雞腿,甚至還有菇類。
roast(v.)烤、烘bake(v.)烘焙、烤grill(v.)燒烤
Kevin: Sounds like everyone is getting ready for the typhoon.
凱文:看來大家都在準備迎接颱風。
Sandy: Yes. My mom said we should be prepared too. Let’s go shopping later!
珊蒂:對啊。我媽說我們也要準備一下。等一下去買東西吧!
prepared(adj.)準備好的