
大雨讓農田受損
Tim and Rita are at a supermarket.
提姆跟麗塔在超市。
Tim: I found a good recipe for cabbage with rice.
提姆:我發現一個很棒的高麗菜飯食譜。
find(v.)發現recipe(n.)食譜cabbage(n.)高麗菜、捲心菜rice(n.)米飯
Rita: Nice. Let me get a cart and we can go to the vegetable section.
麗塔:好棒,我拿個推車然後我們去蔬菜區。
cart(n.)推車vegetable(n.)蔬菜section(n.)區、部分
Tim: What?! One head of cabbage costs 200 NT?
提姆:什麼?一顆高麗菜200元?
cabbage(n.)高麗菜、捲心菜cost(v.)花費、要價
Rita: The price is too high. How come?
麗塔:價格太貴了,怎麼會這樣?
price(n.)價格
Tim: I think vegetables are getting expensive because of the typhoon last week.
提姆:我想是因為上週的颱風,蔬菜都變貴了。
vegetable(n.)蔬菜expensive(adj.)昂貴的
Rita: Oh yeah, that makes sense. The heavy rain caused damage to many farms in southern Taiwan.
麗塔:喔對,合理,大雨讓南部的很多農田都受損了。
make sense合理cause(v.)造成damage(n.)傷害farm(n.)農田、農場
Tim: I guess we can’t make cabbage with rice today.
提姆:我猜今天不能做高麗菜飯了。
make(v.)製作cabbage(n.)高麗菜、捲心菜rice(n.)米飯
Rita: The news said that the price of vegetables will be more stable starting in late September.
麗塔:新聞上說,九月底後蔬菜價格會比較穩定。
price(n.)價格vegetable(n.)蔬菜stable(adj.)穩定的start(v.)開始
Tim: Oh well. Let’s go to the meat section.
提姆:那麼我們去肉品區吧。
meat(n.)肉section(n.)區、部分