
紐約客牛排
Rosey and Noah are at a restaurant. They are having a Valentine’s Day meal.
蘿西和諾亞在一間餐廳裡。他們正在吃情人節大餐。
valentine(n.)心愛的人、情人meal(n.)餐、一頓飯
Noah: Thanks for going on a date with me.
諾亞:謝謝你跟我約會。
date(n.)日期、日子、約會、約會對象、舞伴(v.)約會、談戀愛
Rosey: It’s my pleasure.
蘿西:這是我的榮幸。
pleasure(n.)愉快、樂意、榮幸、樂趣pleasurable(adj.)令人愉快的、舒適的=enjoyable
Noah: Let me call the waiter to set up the table first.
諾亞:讓我叫服務生先把桌子擺好。
set up設置、安排set sb. up with sb.介紹某人給某人
Rosey: We need some napkins and paper towels as well.
蘿西:我們還需要一些餐巾紙和紙巾。
napkin(n.)餐巾、餐巾紙towel(n.)毛巾、紙巾
Noah: So what would you like to have?
諾亞:那麼你想吃什麼?
would like to=want to
Rosey: I want to get a whiskey on the rocks. Do you want to try their Caesar salad and a New York steak?
蘿西:我想來一杯加冰塊的威士忌。你想嚐嚐他們的凱薩沙拉和紐約客牛排嗎?
on the rocks加冰塊neat(adj.)乾淨的、純的、不加冰塊的
Noah: Yeah, sure.
諾亞:好啊,當然。
Rosey: Let’s cut the steak in half and share it. How does that sound?
蘿西:我們把牛排切一半,一起吃。聽起來怎麼樣?
cut in half切一半cut in two halves切成兩半
Noah: Great idea. I am not very hungry now.
諾亞:好主意。我現在不是很餓。
Rosey: If we can’t finish the food, we can get a box and bring the food home.
蘿西:如果我們吃不完,我們可以買個盒子,把食物帶回家。
finish(v.)完成、(使)完結box(n.)盒子、箱子
Noah: Sounds great! It can be our lunch tomorrow.
諾亞:聽起來不錯!這可以當作我們明天的午餐。
Rosey: By the way, we don’t have to pay separately this time. It’s on me.
蘿西:順便說一下,這次我們不用分開付。我請客。
separately(adv.)分別地、個別地separate(adj.)各自的、單獨的、不同的be on somebody某人請客或買單