
專注是貫徹計劃的關鍵
Allen and Derek are colleagues. Allen just won Employee-of-the-Month.
艾倫和德瑞克是同事。艾倫剛剛贏得了本月最佳員工。
Employee-of-the-Month當月最佳員工
Derek: Allen, how do you do it? I really admire you.
德瑞克:艾倫,你到底怎麼做到?我真的很佩服你。
admire(v.)欽羨、敬佩
Allen: Do what?
艾倫:做什麼?
Derek: You seem to always have time to do so much work in one day. Unlike me, I can’t even get today’s work done before I clock off.
德瑞克:你似乎總是有時間在一天之內做很多工作。跟我不一樣,我甚至不能在下班前完成今天的工作。
seem to RV似乎unlike不像是get sth. done把…完成clock off下班打卡
Allen: You need to improve your time management skills.
艾倫:你需要提升時間管理的技能。
improve(v.)改善、improvement(n.)skill(n.)技能、技巧
Derek: Teach me! Please!
德瑞克:教我!拜託!
teach(v.)教導
Allen: First, you need to set a very clear goal, and then work towards it. Also, it’s important to plan your day ahead of time. Make a daily plan, for example.
艾倫:首先,應該設定一個非常明確的目標,然後往那個方向努力。此外也要為自己的一天做好規劃,可以制定一個每日計劃。
set a goal設定目標clear(adj.)明確的towards(prep.)朝向plan(v.)計畫ahead of在…之前、ahead of time提前daily(adj.)每日的
Derek: And then?
德瑞克:然後呢?
Allen: Then try the Pareto principle. You should use your limited time on the top 20% of the most important subjects, not the other 80%.
艾倫:然後試試帕累托法則,應該將有限的時間用於20%的最重要的事情上,而不是其他的80%。
principle(n.)原理、法則limited(adj.)有限的subject(n.)主題、問題
Derek: Gotcha.
德瑞克:好的。
gotcha=I get it, okay好的我懂
Allen: Then it all comes down to one thing — concentration. It is the key to carrying out your plan.
艾倫:最後,最重要的就是專注,專注是貫徹所有計劃的關鍵。
come down to總歸於concentration(n.)專注key(n.)鑰匙、關鍵carry out執行