
規劃迴避路線
Jenny and Nick are colleagues. Nick was late for work today.
珍妮和尼克是同事。尼克今天上班遲到了。
be late for sth.遲到
Jenny: Why were you late today? Did you hit a traffic jam?
珍妮:你今天怎麼遲到了?遇到塞車了嗎?
hit a traffic jam遇到塞車、jammed(adj.)卡住的
Nick: No, it wasn’t like that. It was quite terrifying actually.
尼克:不,不是那樣。其實事情蠻恐怖的。
terrifying(adj.)恐怖的
Jenny: What happened?
珍妮:怎麼了?
Nick: I took a wrong turn and was almost on a highway.
尼克:我轉錯彎,差點就跑到高速公路上。
turn轉彎highway高速公路
Jenny: Did you use Google Maps? There is a mode for motorcyclists that can set a route to avoid highways.
珍妮:你用過Google地圖嗎?有一種模式可以專門為機車族設路線避開高速公路。
mode(n.)模式route(n.)路徑avoid(v.)避免+Ving or N.
Nick: Really! I know I can use it to remember the spot where I park my motorcycle.
尼克:真的假的!我知道可以用地圖來記住我停放摩托車的地點。
spot(n.)斑點、地點park(v.)停車
Jenny: Yes, it’s very convenient.
珍妮:沒錯,很方便。
Nick: I should start using Google Maps when I come to work then.
尼克:我應該開始通勤時用Google地圖了。
Jenny: You should. It will come in handy.
珍妮:一定會派上用場呢。
come in handy派上用場