
找出共享價值
Peter and Paul are colleagues. They are having lunch together.
彼得和保羅是同事。他們一起吃午飯。
Paul: You okay, man? I saw your girlfriend’s Instagram story last night. She seemed upset.
保羅:你還好嗎?昨晚我看到你女朋友的IG限時動態。她似乎很難過。
Instagram story限時動態upset(adj.)不安的、難過的、生氣的
Peter: I fell out with her again.
彼得:我又和她大吵一架。
fall out with sb.跟某人吵架
Paul: Did you say something mean?
保羅:你又說了傷人的話嗎?
mean(adj.)惡毒的
Peter: I didn’t mean it. You know my temper. I just couldn’t help it.
彼得:我不是有意的。你也知道我的脾氣。我就是管不住嘴巴。
mean(v.)有意、意味temper(n.)脾氣、lose your temper發脾氣、keep your temper保持冷靜cannot help it忍不住
Paul: Well, that’ll just add fuel to the fire.
保羅:嗯,那只會火上加油。
add fuel to the fire雪上加霜、火上加油
Peter: I’m trying, but can I really make this work?
彼得:我有在努力,但是真的有用嗎?
Paul: You should be proud of your relationship with her, instead of doubting it. Find a value you both share together and build the connection on it.
保羅:你應該以這段關係為榮,而不是充滿懷疑。找出你們共享的價值,並在這個基礎上建立感情的羈絆。
be proud of sth.感到驕傲、為榮、pride(n.)驕傲relationship(n.)感情關係instead of N.而不是doubt(v.)懷疑value(n.)價值connection(n.)連接
Peter: I’ll keep that in mind.
彼得:我會記住這一點。
keep sth. in mind銘記在心
Paul: Also, use more “we” statements, instead of “I” statements. You guys are a team. You have to be there for each other no matter what.
保羅:另外,多用一點跟「我們」有關的字詞,而不是一直說「我」為中心的陳述句。你們倆是一個團隊,無論如何都必須互相扶持。
each other雙方彼此no matter what無論如何
Peter: Okay. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.
彼得:好。我會再試試看。謝謝你。
give it a try=give it a go試試看