
媽咪萬事通
Judy and Ivan are a couple. They are expecting a baby.
茱蒂與艾文是一對夫妻,他們即將有一個小寶寶。
be expecting a baby懷孕、即將有小孩出生
Ivan: Hey, what are you reading?
艾文:嘿,你在讀什麼?
Judy: Oh, I’m reading a column about how to take care of infants.
茱蒂:喔,我在讀一個關於如何照顧新生兒的專欄。
column(n.)專欄take care of照顧infant(n.)嬰兒、新生兒
Ivan: I read the news this morning and it said that there is an App for parents to look up information about babies.
艾文:我今天早上看新聞,上面說現在有個App可以查到很多關於寶寶的資訊。
parent(n.)家長look up查找information(n.)資訊
Judy: Are you talking about “媽咪萬事通App”?
茱蒂:你是說媽咪萬事通App嗎?
talk about談論
Ivan: Exactly. It has three wonderful functions, including providing the latest news about parenting, recording your health condition and recommending different coupons.
艾文:對啊,那個App有3個很棒的功能,包含提供最新的教養新聞、記錄你的健康狀況還有推薦優惠券。
exactly(adv.)正式、一點也沒錯wonderful(adj.)美好的function(n.)功能including(prpe.)包含provide(v.)提供parenting(n.)養育小孩record(v.)記錄condition(n.)狀況recommend(v.)推薦coupon(n.)優惠券
Judy: Coupons! We need that! We have so many things to buy.
茱蒂:優惠券!我們超需要的,有好多東西要買。
coupon(n.)優惠券
Ivan: You’re right. What’s more, that information is based on where you live.
艾文:是啊,而且那個App還會根據你的居住地來提供資訊。
what’s more而且information(n.)資訊base on根據
Judy: That’s convenient. It’s like a mini library full of useful information for parents-to-be.
茱蒂:真方便,就像個為準爸媽提供超多有用資訊的迷你圖書館。
convenient(adj.)方便的useful(adj.)實用的information(n.)資訊
Ivan: Yeah. I think both of us should download it.
艾文:真的,我覺得我們兩個都該下載。
download(v.)下載